Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 09-28-2015, 03:51 PM   #31
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
You talked me into it. The Clip Sport is on sale at Best Buy for $40, plus Best Buy just sent me a $10-off promo today. I got a pink one!
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 04:33 PM   #32
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
SanDisk has revised their MP3 website. The only players they're listing now are the Clip Sport and the Clip Jam. The Fuse, Clip Zip, and Clip+ have been removed.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2015, 07:49 PM   #33
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I listened to three full novels without charging. Awesome! My daughter wants one, so I'll be watching for a sale.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 07:55 PM   #34
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I listened to three full novels without charging. Awesome! My daughter wants one, so I'll be watching for a sale.
BF is just around the corner

Now that OverDrive has switched completely to MP3, lack of DRM WMA for the Sport and Jam is no longer an issue. Increased battery life is a definite plus.
Old 09-30-2015, 08:08 PM   #35
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Quote:
Refresh my memory, which one did you get, the sport or the jam?

I will get around to doing a review of the off name brand one I got. So far though I have run it every night, all night, for 5 days. So, 50ish hours? But wow, the firmware is really confusing. If they would mimic the Sansa type firmware this little player would be amazing for the cost!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o02_s00
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2015, 08:48 PM   #36
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
Refresh my memory, which one did you get,
I got the Sport. Love it!
Old 09-30-2015, 09:40 PM   #37
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Quote:
I got the Sport. Love it!
I Almost got one, but I decided to go totally crazy and get a non-sansa player this time. I've had nothing but Sansa's for so long I feel like I'm cheating!
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 03:57 PM   #38
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

An annoying issue has appeared. I've deleted some library audios, they don't show up when connected to my computer. But they still are listed on the device. Not playable, but there. This could become a very bad thing.
Old 10-02-2015, 04:52 PM   #39
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just got my Clip Sport. Initial reaction: not happy. I popped the card out of my old Clip Zip, and had to spend a frustrating few minutes to even FIND the content on the Sport. The card has only mp3 audiobooks on it, all meticulously tagged, but they did not show up under Books, as they did on the Zip. Nor did they show up under SD Card. I finally found them under Folder, Music (not even in the subfolder Audiobooks!).

I haven't loaded anything to internal memory yet. I'm not going to be happy if the internal memory and the external card don't integrate as they did on the Zip.
Old 10-03-2015, 01:55 AM   #40
septentrion
Addict
septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2014, Kindle Voyage and Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Just got my Clip Sport. Initial reaction: not happy. I popped the card out of my old Clip Zip, and had to spend a frustrating few minutes to even FIND the content on the Sport. The card has only mp3 audiobooks on it, all meticulously tagged, but they did not show up under Books, as they did on the Zip. Nor did they show up under SD Card. I finally found them under Folder, Music (not even in the subfolder Audiobooks!).

I haven't loaded anything to internal memory yet. I'm not going to be happy if the internal memory and the external card don't integrate as they did on the Zip.
I tried the sport and got the same king of trouble as you: the sport content in Windows explorer was a mess. I returned it and bought a jam and all was fine. However, since the jam is a back-up for my zip, I haven't used it much so I have no idea of the battery life, just that the folders are much better organised on the jam than on the sport.
septentrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 11:59 AM   #41
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by septentrion View Post
I tried the sport and got the same king of trouble as you: the sport content in Windows explorer was a mess. I returned it and bought a jam and all was fine. However, since the jam is a back-up for my zip, I haven't used it much so I have no idea of the battery life, just that the folders are much better organised on the jam than on the sport.
I definitely like the Zip better. If I get the promised great battery life on the Sport, though, all will be forgiven. Plus in the future I won't be swapping out cards; I'll just be using the Sport as my go-to for audiobooks; maybe starting out with an empty card will make a difference.

It doesn't seem to have the option to increase the playback speed--not a feature I ever used on the Zip, but others may care about that if they're considering the Sport. It also inexplicably uses a thinner, harder-to-read font for the display of track information, and doesn't show the clock time, but instead the track number (e.g., 1/22, 2/22).
Old 10-03-2015, 12:24 PM   #42
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
It doesn't seem to have the option to increase the playback speed--not a feature I ever used on the Zip, but others may care about that if they're considering the Sport.
The control is there, in audiobook settings. Of course if the books are in the music folder, that won't help.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 01:03 PM   #43
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
It's not a big deal to move the books to the right folder, but it's odd that the music folder is the default. I suspect that with OverDrive books, I just have to change the setting, so the next time I sideload one, I'll look, first.

I appreciate the heads up. I had put two books on my Sport but would have been puzzled when I went to look for them. I added one more, but this time I knew to drag and drop, rather than just send.

Last edited by issybird; 10-03-2015 at 01:07 PM.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 01:48 PM   #44
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
The control is there, in audiobook settings. Of course if the books are in the music folder, that won't help.
All I have in the Audiobook settings is an option for Normal. I thought the other options would be there regardless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
It's not a big deal to move the books to the right folder, but it's odd that the music folder is the default. I suspect that with OverDrive books, I just have to change the setting, so the next time I sideload one, I'll look, first.
Well, I guess it's actually the Clip Zip that was weird because that's the card that shows Audiobooks and Podcasts under Music. When I swapped out the card from the Zip, the Sport added additional separate folders, one of which was Audiobooks. So in the future, when I hope to use the Sport exclusively for books, I'll be adding them in the correct folder. I only used the card from the Zip because I was in the middle of a book.

Quote:
I appreciate the heads up. I had put two books on my Sport but would have been puzzled when I went to look for them. I added one more, but this time I knew to drag and drop, rather than just send.
Yes, it really threw me to have to search for the book!

One other thing I forgot to mention for anyone considering a Sport--the included earbuds have changed; they're now the in-ear type.
Old 10-03-2015, 01:54 PM   #45
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
All I have in the Audiobook settings is an option for Normal. I thought the other options would be there regardless.
What happens when you click on "Normal"?