Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 05-05-2018, 01:06 PM   #1
Francois_C
Zealot
Francois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Touch, Kobo Mini
Question Dead keys no longer work (never worked?) in Search box on Linux (Ubuntu Studio 16.04)

Hi,
On Linux, when I want to search for a word with a letter containing a circumflex or an umlaut, only the unaccented letter is typed. Finding/replacing very common French words like "être" or "Noël" is only possible with Copy/Paste from another editor. Seems to happen with all French keyboard layouts.
I noticed that several months ago. Unsure whether this issue existed before, because I mostly used the Windows version.
Thanks.
Francois_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 01:23 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Works for me. I can use a french layout to type accented charactes. It's likely an incompatibility between your system and the version of QT bundled with calibre. You can probably fix it by either building calibre from source or using your distro's calibre package (both of which will use the system Qt).
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert