Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-27-2018, 11:35 AM   #1
Beansie
Beansie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
How do you use custom column data as a folder name in "save to disk"?

Hi!

I'm trying to export my books in a way that allows me to easily navigate them on devices besides my Kindle. I have a custom column called "Kindle Collection", and I want to use the content of that as the folder name, so I can replicate that functionality without having to set up collections from scratch manually on a phone, for example.

Is there a way to do that? The "save to disk" preferences have "Any custom field - The lookup name of any custom field (these names begin with "#").", but I can't make sense of that text string, so I don't know whether that's what I'm looking for.

I know there are Apps you can purchase that make this superfluous, but I want to know whether there's a free way to accomplish this.
Beansie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 11:55 AM   #2
fidvo
Addict
fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
If you go into the Add Your Own Columns screen, the Lookup Name is the field name that you will use in your Save to Disk template.

Notice that the Lookup Name of custom columns always begins with "#". That's what that sentence in the Save to Disk preferences means. Make sure you include the "#" in the template.
fidvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 12:42 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
You can also Hover over the column header and see the lookup name.

usage ex: {#read}
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 03:04 PM   #4
Beansie
Beansie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Thank you. It works perfectly. <3
Beansie is offline   Reply With Quote