Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 04-17-2012, 05:37 AM   #1
Timbuktu
Timbuktu began at the beginning.

Device: LBook (Hanlin) V3
Question Hanlin (LBook) V3 update problem

Hi all,

I have made a big mistake during the update; and it seems that I have lost my eReader .
But the hopes die last, so please

I have downloaded from some website a "bad" software (and not for V3 but for V3+). Then I was trying to update the kernel as needed, saw on the screen "Update Finished. Press any key to reboot". And that's ALL! The eReader is dead.

So now my eReader is not seen by the PC (Windows 7, Ubuntu). Only when it is plugged in to the PC and I simultaneously press the button "Reset" on Hanlin the Windows says that some unknown device is plugged in - but it could not recognize it, could not find drivers, and it is still invisible in Explorer.

Also the light indicator always "shines" (what is usually only during the actions happened).
Any ideas how it could be repaired. Probably there is some "mechanical" way to clean the BIOS.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Timbuktu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:14 PM   #2
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
I think that if you try again with proper V3 software, it will start working again. You will have to power off completely, possibly remove the battery for a couple of minutes to be sure.

There isn't any BIOS in these devices, but the boot partition of the flash memory is probably still OK.

Good Luck
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:59 AM   #3
Timbuktu

Have tried - doesn' help!

The device does not react. Have tried all possible button combinations (Power on & "+", etc.). The screen displays only "Update finished" . It is doing some instructions (because the light indicator shines and the battery discharges in 5 hours) but it is invisibale and "inreactable".
Old 04-18-2012, 09:01 AM   #4
Timbuktu

I need probably a way to clear the inside flash memory without PC. Is there any way to do this?
Old 04-19-2012, 03:50 AM   #5
MikeB1972
Gnu
MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook,JetBook Lite,PRS-300-350-505-650,+ran out of space to type
Take the battery out, leave it out for 15 mins, put in the update sd card, put the battery back in, hold v- and turn on.
MikeB1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:11 AM   #6
Timbuktu

It works!

Mike, thank you very much!

It works! You have reanimate my eReader.

Now I can again - that's great!

Tags
device is not recognized, update