Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-14-2024, 03:29 AM   #1
errenay
Enthusiast
errenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Libra H20
Clara BW or Libra 2?

Now, I've got Libra H2O. I've been waiting for new Libra 3 to upgrade my e-reader, but it looks like we have Libra Colour instead of its more classical version. I wonder if I should buy the new Clara B&W or the previous Libra 2 regarding only the reading experience (I don't use audiobooks). Thank you in advance for the useful hints.
errenay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 04:19 AM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I've a Libra and a Libra 2. Not worth upgrading unless you want to sketch with the Kobo Pen. Otherwise very similar. Maybe the button software is slightly more reliable on the original Libra H2O.

It's a very nice 7″ ereader. I use it for reading out loud and use a Sage to do regular reading.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2024, 06:43 AM   #3
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by errenay View Post
Now, I've got Libra H2O. I've been waiting for new Libra 3 to upgrade my e-reader, but it looks like we have Libra Colour instead of its more classical version. I wonder if I should buy the new Clara B&W or the previous Libra 2 regarding only the reading experience (I don't use audiobooks). Thank you in advance for the useful hints.
Why were you waiting? Did you definitely want to upgrade for some reason, or just waiting to see what the new releases were?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 10:14 AM   #4
Thena
Thena can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterThena can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterThena can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterThena can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterThena can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterThena can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterThena can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterThena can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterThena can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterThena can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterThena can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kobo Libra 2
I couldn't wait for the Libra 3 BW. I got a Libra 2 instead. There is a chance that Kobo will release a Libra 3/BW in next time but probably not his year.

Clara was not an option for me because I wanted a 7" screen and physical page turn buttons. I don't read on the go that much except when travelling or vacation so the Libra size is fine. If you commute or read more on the go, the Clara is probably the better option.
Thena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 01:02 PM   #5
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
The upgrade from the Carta to the Carta 1200 is pretty significant when I set my Clara HD next to my partner's Clara 2.

I'm not sure if the jump from Carta 1200 to Carta 1300 is as significant. If it's not, get the Libra 2. After using your Libra, the Clara might feel to small and no page turn buttons.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2024, 01:23 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
The upgrade from the Carta to the Carta 1200 is pretty significant when I set my Clara HD next to my partner's Clara 2.

I'm not sure if the jump from Carta 1200 to Carta 1300 is as significant. If it's not, get the Libra 2. After using your Libra, the Clara might feel to small and no page turn buttons.
No page turn buttons is a benefit. Being smaller then 7" is a drawback.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 01:27 PM   #7
deleted2
Member Retired
deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: N/A
delete

Last edited by deleted2; 04-14-2024 at 01:59 PM.
deleted2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 03:39 PM   #8
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Being smaller then 7" is a plus.
Old 04-14-2024, 05:59 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Being smaller then 7" is a plus.
I'm going to have to disagree.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 06:38 PM   #10
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
I'm not sure if the jump from Carta 1200 to Carta 1300 is as significant. If it's not, get the Libra 2.
Even if it is, the Libra 2 has a great screen that won't disappoint you. It doesn't matter if Carta 1300 is better than Carta 1200 if Carta 1200 already meets your needs.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 07:04 AM   #11
John F
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I'm going to have to disagree.
Which is fine. Just realize that they are personal opinions.
Old 04-15-2024, 08:37 PM   #12
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
Even if it is, the Libra 2 has a great screen that won't disappoint you. It doesn't matter if Carta 1300 is better than Carta 1200 if Carta 1200 already meets your needs.
Except that the Carta already meets my needs on my Clara HD. But I still get a little envious when I see the Clara 2. Also there needs to be some basis to make a decision on.
Old 04-15-2024, 08:42 PM   #13
John F
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
Ereaders have been meeting my needs since the begining, ever since the Sony 505. Yet I still upgrade. I appreciate most of the upgrades.
Old 04-15-2024, 08:48 PM   #14
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Except that the Carta already meets my needs on my Clara HD. But I still get a little envious when I see the Clara 2.
Why don't you upgrade then? Really, I don't understand such self-flagellation. Unless one really can't afford to, of course.

Most of my ereaders since 2011 have met my needs. I still upgraded whenever a new one was released that I fancied. It met my needs even better.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 09:18 PM   #15
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Why don't you upgrade then?
Because I'm a responsible-ass adult. It's better when I put the two Claras in my house side-by-side. But it's not 'better enough' for me to part with $120 when I have a perfectly good working reader already.