Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-23-2017, 08:29 PM   #1
challe232
Connoisseur
challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Overdrive and Adobe for my Kindle

Hi everyone, sorry if this isn't in the right forum.

I use Overdrive on Windows 10 (app) as well as through the browser, as the app sort of isnt too great.

I fixed the Overdrives settings to authorize to my adobe login, hoping that it would let me transfer library books to adobe with the ACSM file.

It keeps giving user errors, and I dont understand as they are both under the correct login now (authorization).

I was hoping to get this to work because I really hate reading through my phone or computer.

Is there anything else I could do?

Thanks so much,
challe232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 09:07 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
The title mentions "Kindle" but I don't see anything in your post about where in your problem a "Kindle" is involved.

Your info box does not list anything "Kindle" either.

So start with the basic of basics, tell us which model Kindle you are asking about.

Use the first 4 or 6 characters of the Kindle's serial number and this table:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers
to discover what the nickname is here that we use for your model.

While you are looking at the "Device Info" panel in "Settings" (for the serial number), also make note of what firmware version the device is running.

Post those two bits of information and try to tell us how the Kindle fits into the problem you are asking about.

Last edited by knc1; 05-23-2017 at 09:10 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2017, 09:20 PM   #3
challe232
Connoisseur
challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Well it's Paperwhite but I can't even get the books on the device because of however overdrive and Adobe speak to each other through the authorization.. sorry but I didn't know where to put this thread. I primarily read on my Paperwhite.
challe232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 09:28 PM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by challe232 View Post
Well it's Paperwhite but I can't even get the books on the device because of however overdrive and Adobe speak to each other through the authorization.. sorry but I didn't know where to put this thread. I primarily read on my Paperwhite.
There are at least a dozen "Paperwhite" devices.
Please provide the information I asked you for.

This probably is the correct place for the question, but you have to give us at least a few technical clues.

= = = =

What part of these directions are you having trouble with?
https://help.overdrive.com/customer/...thundercontent
Click on the right hand picture.

Last edited by knc1; 05-24-2017 at 12:49 AM.
Old 05-24-2017, 05:01 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Kindle's do not read ePub. And with DRM, there's no way to convert that ePub to KF8.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2017, 08:15 AM   #6
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Kindle's do not read ePub. And with DRM, there's no way to convert that ePub to KF8.
Follow the link and directions I gave to find the directions and then read them carefully.

What you are looking for (and you have to scroll down a bit to find it) is:
Overdrive uses the Amazon Kindle Store to make the delivery of the book in a format suitable for your model Kindle.
Just the same, same as when you buy (or borrow) directly from the Amazon Store.
Old 05-24-2017, 08:21 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Follow the link and directions I gave to find the directions and then read them carefully.

What you are looking for (and you have to scroll down a bit to find it) is:
Overdrive uses the Amazon Kindle Store to make the delivery of the book in a format suitable for your model Kindle.
Just the same, same as when you buy (or borrow) directly from the Amazon Store.
The OP is mentioning Overdrive app, Adobe, & ACSM. All that says ePub. I do agree the OP should be borrowing Kindle eBooks instead of ePub.

Last edited by JSWolf; 05-24-2017 at 08:23 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 09:27 AM   #8
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The OP is mentioning Overdrive app, Adobe, & ACSM. All that says ePub. I do agree the OP should be borrowing Kindle eBooks instead of ePub.
My link is to the Overdrive application user directions.
And you must click the right hand picture on that page to reach them (which is probably what the O.P. did not do).

The only problem the O.P. has in this thread is failure to read all of the directions, even those parts that make you scroll down the page.

Way, way, way down the page is the directions to (after borrowing through Overdrive) sign into the Amazon Kindle Store and select which of your devices to deliver to (which also picks the appropriate Kindle format).
Old 05-24-2017, 09:35 AM   #9
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Not outside the USA, though we don't know where the OP is. OP, why not use your Kobo Aura One?
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 10:13 AM   #10
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Not outside the USA, though we don't know where the OP is. OP, why not use your Kobo Aura One?
That is also mentioned in the directions.
The OP not mentioning their geographic location is another sign they never read all of the directions.

And I haven't looked into the problem with Adobe.
But I would not be surprised if the problem has the same source, FTRTM.