Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 12-13-2016, 04:35 PM   #1
JazzyJ
JazzyJ began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Line Spacing in KOReader?

Hi all,

I've searched all over but I can't find any information explaining how to change the line spacing in KOReader?

I've got a Kobo Glo with KOReader installed alongside Nickel.

Can anyone tell me how to adjust the line spacing in KOReader?

To be honest, if Kobo Nickel offered collapsable TOC then I would't need KOReader, but Nickel doesn't recognise expandable TOC as Kindle do......
JazzyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 08:23 PM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Do you mean as in the Line spacing option under the "two column" icon in the bottom reader menu? It just gives you a "small, medium, large" choice, but you can change the numerical value of those in the scripts. If you mean in the menus themselves, you can change ".adds\koreader\frontend\ui\widget\menu.lua". For instance I use this:
For me, with my Kobo AuraHD, it is in .adds\koreader\frontend\ui\widget\menu.lua

The "cfont", at line 122 and 325, using Notepad++

I changed mine to 18. It looks fine but The Aura HD, has a higher res than some, which means that the fine print is clear and readable. The text is smaller, so more of the titles are visible.

To adjust number of lines per page, change:
Around Line 374: Screen:scaleBySize(46), -- hardcoded for now. I changed to (28), for my AuraHD)

to have the File Manager menu listings display more files and more of the file name.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 09:06 PM   #3
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post

To adjust number of lines per page, change:
Around Line 374: Screen:scaleBySize(46), -- hardcoded for now. I changed to (28), for my AuraHD)

to have the File Manager menu listings display more files and more of the file name.

Luck;
Ken
Thanks I did not know this for customizing the menus display.

For the usual book display, I keep these values in default.persistent.lua

Code:
-- crereader line space percentage
DCREREADER_CONFIG_LINE_SPACE_PERCENT_SMALL = 115
DCREREADER_CONFIG_LINE_SPACE_PERCENT_MEDIUM = 125
DCREREADER_CONFIG_LINE_SPACE_PERCENT_LARGE = 135
Also I realized recently that, contrary to Sigil or Calibre, Koreader ignores the letter-spacing property in CSS. This one is to add to the many CSS properties still ignored (other one is visibility:hidden).

Last edited by roger64; 12-13-2016 at 09:21 PM. Reason: letter-spacing
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 03:50 PM   #4
JazzyJ
JazzyJ began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Thanks Ken!
JazzyJ is offline   Reply With Quote