Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-27-2020, 09:46 AM   #1456
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I have just released version 1.15.0 of the plugin. This contains some bug fixes and one new function.

The list of changes are:
Version 1.15.0 - 26 December 2020 - made by davidfor
  • Fix: Progress bar when syncing shelves and updating the library should have been "Books".
  • Fix: Errors handling books when updating calibre after a "Sync from shelf". This gave terrible performance and some books would not have been updated correctly.
  • Fix: Python 3 incompatibility when opening help.
  • Fix: Python 3 incompatibility when opening Goodreads page from dialogs.
  • Fix: Python 3 incompatibility when handling from Goodreads.
  • New: Added the option "Put books on currently-reading shelf" to the "Update Reading Progress".

All of these changes are in the recent betas.

This release should be compatible with older versions of calibre.

Calibre will announce the update in the next hour or so. If there are any issues, please report them here.
Davidfor: With this update the plugin flies!
Excellent work!
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 08:40 PM   #1457
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
This plugin version runs GREAT! I have stopped using the older portable version of Calibre that I had the older version that worked well for me. I can now use this plugin with very minimal excess time spent syncing. Thank You!
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2021, 10:47 PM   #1458
Minotaur
Enthusiast
Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Forma
Hi all, is there any way to automate the "update reading status" function? I already have custom columns for a books read percentage and status, ideally I'd like any titles where this has changed to be synced to GR automatically after I sync my device to Calibre.
Minotaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 12:54 AM   #1459
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
Hi all, is there any way to automate the "update reading status" function? I already have custom columns for a books read percentage and status, ideally I'd like any titles where this has changed to be synced to GR automatically after I sync my device to Calibre.
For Kobo devices there is. But, I don't know of any other devices where you can get the reading status of the books from the device when connected to calibre. If there are others, no-one has written the code to fetch the status.

For Kobo devices, my Kobo Utilities plugin can fetch any changes in reading status from the device, update columns in the library, and optionally call the Update progress for those books.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 12:57 AM   #1460
Minotaur
Enthusiast
Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.

Quote:
For Kobo devices, my Kobo Utilities plugin can fetch any changes in reading status from the device, update columns in the library, and optionally call the Update progress for those books.
I'm using a Kobo Forma. I'd love to configure your plugin to do as you describe, but I have no idea how to do so. Can you give me some pointers? Cheers
PS I think I've got most of it working already. The bit I'm missing is how to call the update progress for the specific books that have a changed status.
PPS I am guessing the last few lines of the settings in "View library preferences" is what I'm after.

"readingPositionChangesStore": {
"selectBooksInLibrary": false,
"updeateGoodreadsProgress": false
}

I am guessing that at least one of these flags needs to be set to true. I'm unsure of the typo in the last one (updeate) is intentional or not.

I've done some testing but can't get the GR status to update by changing these variables or fixing the typo. Guessing I need to do further configuration elsewhere.

Last edited by Minotaur; 01-13-2021 at 01:47 AM.
Advert
Old 01-13-2021, 03:19 AM   #1461
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'm using a Kobo Forma.
You only list a Paperwhite in your devices, so I assume that was what you had.
Quote:
I'd love to configure your plugin to do as you describe, but I have no idea how to do so. Can you give me some pointers? Cheers
PS I think I've got most of it working already. The bit I'm missing is how to call the update progress for the specific books that have a changed status.
PPS I am guessing the last few lines of the settings in "View library preferences" is what I'm after.

"readingPositionChangesStore": {
"selectBooksInLibrary": false,
"updeateGoodreadsProgress": false
}

I am guessing that at least one of these flags needs to be set to true. I'm unsure of the typo in the last one (updeate) is intentional or not.

I've done some testing but can't get the GR status to update by changing these variables or fixing the typo. Guessing I need to do further configuration elsewhere.
I think you have just found a deficiency in the Kobo Utilities plugin.

Exactly what happens depends on how you run the fetch. If you do it manually, and run in the foreground, it just updates the status in the library and doesn't give the options to update GR.

If you run it in the background, it will display a dialog showing what has changed. That has the options "Select updated books in library" and "Update Goodread reading progress". If the latter is select, the books get selected in the library and the GR sync Update progress dialog is shown for those books.

If you run the fetch automatically when the device is connected, it will depend on if you have "Prompt to store any changes" selected in the configuration. With it selected, it works like the running in the background. You get the list and the options are there. If it isn't selected, it works like running it in the foreground. You do not get the list and you do not get the option to update the progress.

There are some inconsistencies in the above. The options to do the progress update probably should be in the plugin configuration for the store on connect. I'll have to think about that.

I think the above should solve it. If there are more problems, we probably should move over the to Kobo Utilities plugin's thread.
Old 01-13-2021, 03:36 AM   #1462
Minotaur
Enthusiast

Quote:
You only list a Paperwhite in your devices, so I assume that was what you had.

I think you have just found a deficiency in the Kobo Utilities plugin.
Okay it looks like it IS actually updating the reading position, but it's not changing the Goodreads shelf. Going to to some more investigating.
Old 01-14-2021, 08:59 PM   #1463
Minotaur
Enthusiast

Quote:
Okay it looks like it IS actually updating the reading position, but it's not changing the Goodreads shelf. Going to to some more investigating.
I have it working now, however it does require me to click ok in two different confirmation boxes, the second one of which seems to be the "Update reading status" box in the Goodreads Sync plugin.

Every time I try to change something to get rid of the dialog boxes in the hope to make it non-attended, it ends up not doing anything.
Old 01-14-2021, 10:09 PM   #1464
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I have it working now, however it does require me to click ok in two different confirmation boxes, the second one of which seems to be the "Update reading status" box in the Goodreads Sync plugin.

Every time I try to change something to get rid of the dialog boxes in the hope to make it non-attended, it ends up not doing anything.
That is working as designed. Both of those dialogs are intended to be seen and acted on. The reading status dialog in the Kobo Utilities plugin allows you to see what changed and to decide not to update some of the books. On the "Update reading progress" dialog you can change the rating, comment and other fields. Depending on the plugins configuration, some of this comes from the library and some can update the library as well.
Old 01-14-2021, 10:13 PM   #1465
Minotaur
Enthusiast

Quote:
That is working as designed.
Awesome. So to clarify, I can't reduce these dialogues down to just one or even none, and achieve the same end result? All good if I can't, I just want to make sure I am using the plugins to the best of their potential.
Old 01-15-2021, 01:44 AM   #1466
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Awesome. So to clarify, I can't reduce these dialogues down to just one or even none, and achieve the same end result? All good if I can't, I just want to make sure I am using the plugins to the best of their potential.
Sorry, the only way to use this function is through the dialogs. I may change it for the Kobo Utilities part. But, I don't see it for the GR side of it.
Old 01-27-2021, 10:56 AM   #1467
Georgie W
Connoisseur
Georgie W began at the beginning.

Device: KT4 5.13.6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
Sorry, I took so long getting back, you are right about the sync column showing, but it was so far over that I didn't see it. I just slid the column length over.

I do need to let you know that I think the Library Codes plugin interferes with being able to sync larger (than 100) shelves. Some time ago I noticed that I wasn't able to sync anymore, Long story short, I kept getting some kind of SSL timeout error. It never occurred to me that another plugin may have been the problem. Anyway I removed library codes today on two user accounts that stopped syncing and now they work. Not sure if this is something that needs to be addressed here or on their plugin, but its worth looking into.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'd had the same syncing problem, uninstalled Library Codes and the sync worked instantly. I'll see if I can post this on a Library Codes thread.
Georgie W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 05:21 PM   #1468
Rellwood
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I know I mentioned this before and was told that it was something possibly to work on, but I am wondering if there can be a rules list for removing books from shelves.

There are so many options for sync and add, but the need to have rules for removing books is pretty high too. Updating custom columns to remove tags placed when adding/syncing is the main reason.

Last edited by Rellwood; 02-03-2021 at 05:23 PM.
Old 02-03-2021, 11:53 PM   #1469
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
I know I mentioned this before and was told that it was something possibly to work on, but I am wondering if there can be a rules list for removing books from shelves.

There are so many options for sync and add, but the need to have rules for removing books is pretty high too. Updating custom columns to remove tags placed when adding/syncing is the main reason.
I don't use those enough to have worried about them. And I think I had assumed the add actions were somehow used. I'll have a look at it when I have time, but, with the API removal hanging over our heads, I'm not that sure if I really want to do anything with this plugin.
Old 02-17-2021, 09:04 PM   #1470
Rellwood

Ok, I understand - Thanks!

Tags
calibre, goodreads