Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-28-2020, 08:20 PM   #1
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
New Kindle Voyages (sealed retail) - $150 and $160

Looks like Amazon wants to get shed of their remaining stock of Voyages as new ones are showing up on eBay...

$150 (only 4 left)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-A...QAAOSw3yteg6AF

$160
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-A...sAAOSwHDdcwJGV

Manufacturer Refurbished...

$60 (WiFi only) and $65 (WiFi & 3G)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kindle-Voya...s5bEfU2U9vZJKg

The last of the Voyages? (I've thought this in the past and was wrong.)

Please note, I know nothing about these sellers and can not personally vouch for them.

The dealer selling the refurbished Kindles has several models (even Voyages for $58)...

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_ssn...indle&_sacat=0

And there are no refurbished Kindles or tablets on Woot right now – which is kind of odd.

Last edited by rcentros; 04-28-2020 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Added information and another link.
rcentros is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 08:40 PM   #2
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I'd argue a $150 Kindle Voyage is massively overpriced in 2020.

Given that the Voyage was discontinued in 2018 and who knows when they were last manufactured... who knows what state the battery is in.
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2020, 12:15 AM   #3
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post

Given that the Voyage was discontinued in 2018 and who knows when they were last manufactured... who knows what state the battery is in.
For me it's hard to say what's overpriced with a Kindle Voyage. In my opinion they're unique — and they still have the best screen I've ever seen on an eReader. And replacing the battery seems fairly straightforward on these (but I'm guessing the batteries are good in the factory sealed packages). What I think is odd is that a refurbished Paperwhite is selling for almost as much as a refurbished Voyage.

But whatever the condition and however we feel about them, there are still some people who are looking for Voyages, which is why I posted this.
rcentros is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 08:48 AM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:

You do have a point, but the battery on a Voyage is reportedly one of the easiest ones to change out.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 08:51 AM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
That guy's feedback on ebay is 99.9%, if that is something to consider.

(I have no affiliation, in any way whatsoever, with that person.)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2020, 10:10 AM   #6
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:

I bought a 'refurbed' Voyage from Woot a couple of months back, and frankly, I'm a bit disappointed in the quality of the battery. I'm getting less than half the battery life of what the 'new' voyages originally claimed.

Clearly I bought a heavily used Voyage and not a 'like new refurb'. I didn't pay much for it, but I'm not going to get as much use out of it either.

I don't think I'd pay more than $80-$90 US for a Voyage of any graded quality at this point.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 02:00 PM   #7
bookyboy
Addict
bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I love my Voyages, but even I would balk at that new price in 2020
bookyboy is offline   Reply With Quote