Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-07-2019, 08:06 AM   #1
GuiGon96
GuiGon96 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle kt3
KT3 Jailbreak

Good Morning
I would like to know if you have how to do the Jailbreak in KT3, my device updated and I did not even notice it in version 5.10
I searched everywhere there is not even a solution?
Sorry if I messed up writing my English is Pessimo (Google Helped)ever meu Inglês é Pessimo (Google ajudou)
GuiGon96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 08:22 AM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
First: K3 != KT3 (fixed it for you, as users still can't edit their own thread's titles).

Second: An updated Basic 2 on FW 5.10.x, no, not without opening it up (i.e., serial).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 08:24 AM   #3
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuiGon96 View Post
Good Morning
I would like to know if you have how to do the Jailbreak in KT3, my device updated and I did not even notice it in version 5.10
I searched everywhere there is not even a solution?
Sorry if I messed up writing my English is Pessimo (Google Helped)ever meu Inglês é Pessimo (Google ajudou)
At this point your only way to jailbreak is to open the case and use the serial port. Is this a new kindle? If so, perhaps you could find a problem with it that would allow you to ask for an exchange. Many, if not all, new Kindles can run the jailbreak as long as you ensure they cannot update themselves before you do so.

There are threads here on both approaches. If neither is possible you will have to be happy with your kindle in its current state.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 08:31 AM   #4
GuiGon96
GuiGon96 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle kt3
Thanks, I'll see what I can do.

is a new kindle, bought 1 day
GuiGon96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 10:22 AM   #5
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuiGon96 View Post
Thanks, I'll see what I can do.

is a new kindle, bought 1 day
There are three (3) conditions required:
"New Kindle"
"Never updated"
"Never allowed to connect to the Internet" (many of the firmwares have a "first connect" flag and that not having been changed since it sold sometimes makes a difference.)
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 11:21 AM   #6
kindler8
kindler8 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 8
Hi everyone,

First of all, thank you for your efforts with the Kindles in this forum.

I'm a long time lurker who just registered to ask some questions on the same topic.

I bought a Kindle KT3 (8th gen), hoping I could use it for a little more than just reading books as I saw some people posting videos of jailbroken kindles running debian. Sadly those were not KT3s and when I found out that in order to jailbreak the KT3 I shouldn't have connected to the internet, it was already too late. My firmware is already a version that is not compatible with the jailbreak.

My goal is to be able to use my KT3 as a Linux machine either by:
- Running linux natively
- Running a VNC client that connects to a Linux machine.

All the while keeping the KT3 original software (if possible).

Would you know if these goals are feasible on KT3 and how could I achieve them? I suppose the first step would be to jailbreak it through the serial port?

Thanks!
kindler8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 02:09 PM   #7
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindler8 View Post
Hi everyone,

First of all, thank you for your efforts with the Kindles in this forum.

I'm a long time lurker who just registered to ask some questions on the same topic.

I bought a Kindle KT3 (8th gen), hoping I could use it for a little more than just reading books as I saw some people posting videos of jailbroken kindles running debian. Sadly those were not KT3s and when I found out that in order to jailbreak the KT3 I shouldn't have connected to the internet, it was already too late. My firmware is already a version that is not compatible with the jailbreak.

My goal is to be able to use my KT3 as a Linux machine either by:
- Running linux natively
- Running a VNC client that connects to a Linux machine.

All the while keeping the KT3 original software (if possible).

Would you know if these goals are feasible on KT3 and how could I achieve them? I suppose the first step would be to jailbreak it through the serial port?

Thanks!
Is there any reason at all that you can think of to return it for exchange?

The KT3 (as are all grayscale Kindles) IS a Linux machine and Linux is running natively (on the bare hardware).
It is the color display Kindles that run Android.

I think we have both a VNC server and client posted here.
But even if we do, I don't recall any reports of someone running it on a KT3. So you will have some ground breaking to do.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote