Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-18-2023, 05:47 AM   #1
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Amazon's logistical AI?

I made an order on Amazon early Thursday evening. They promised delivery on Monday. Not complaining, just amused by the logistical "genius" of Amazon's system.

I literally live half a mile from the Boise city limits. My package started out in the Amazon Distribution center in Boise. At some point, when it comes back to the Boise Distribution center they're going to hand this off to the Post Office in Boise for the "last mile" of the delivery. But first, apparently, it has to go to Newark, California and back to same Boise Distribution Center, where it will then be handed off to the Post Office. So I'm just waiting for it to circle back to Boise. I wonder how often they do this? I guess they don't have any system in place to circumvent the normal procedure, no matter how silly. This is AI efficiency.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pencilb.png
Views:	85
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	200424   Click image for larger version

Name:	pencilc.png
Views:	80
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	200425  
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 07:19 PM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Well, the package is "back" in Boise — if it ever left. The numbers don't add up. Supposedly it left Newark, CA today at 8:39 A.M. and managed to arrive and be processed through the Amazon Boise Carrier Facility (where it started) by 8:56 A.M. So 17 minutes total for the trip and processing. That's got to be a record. I'm guessing the trip to Newark must have been fictional, so Amazon's Logical AI is crazy, like a fox. I underestimated it. The Post Office is still showing that it's in Boise and are waiting for the hand-off — which is probably the reality.

I'm still enjoying following this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pencile.png
Views:	60
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	200457  
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2023, 09:31 PM   #3
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
Sounds more like a USPS snafu to me. I placed an order a month ago for an item that was supposed to be handed off to the USPS, but a month later it is still missing in action and the Amazon order page still reads “Your package may be lost.” Amazon long ago refunded my money on this item after they concluded the USPS had lost it. Call Amazon CS if the item doesn’t get delivered by the date shown and they will likely resolve the issue quickly. I don’t think this is an AI issue, I think it is merely the Amazon and USPS not properly communicating with one another.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote