Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-09-2018, 12:32 PM   #1
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Thumbs up $99.99 sale - Latest Paperwhite (10th generation, 2018 release)

The all-new Kindle Paperwhite is currently on sale at Amazon.com for $99.99 (regular price $129.99).

This is the latest model (10th generation, 2018 release), which is waterproof with flush-front design, twice the storage, and it works with Audible.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 12:41 PM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Nice. I'm surprised they put it on sale so quickly.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 12:45 PM   #3
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Nice. I'm surprised they put it on sale so quickly.
Me too!
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 03:20 PM   #4
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
This is the latest model (10th generation, 2018 release), which is waterproof with flush-front design, twice the storage, and it works with Audible.
I guess they must have (basically) sold out all the Paperwhite 3s at $80. I wonder if Walmart selling Kobo Claras for $100 has anything to do with this?
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 07:52 PM   #5
bbqncigars
PDA dino
bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm IIIx, Rooted NC, Voyages(2)
Tempting, but I'll just muddle on with my Voyage until it dies.
bbqncigars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 03:54 PM   #6
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Hmmm. I've got a relative who has nothing to do all day*. Pondering whether she'd allow me to get one for her. Questions:
(1) can I send Audible file to it by "push"? I know how to send a book to a remote kindle, as long as they have wifi turned on. Can I do the same for an Audible book? (She's a complete Luddite, and wouldn't know how to "pull" new Audible files or books.)
(2) Does it have a headphone jack, for audio listening?

*[She's been giving us suggestions (orders) for her funeral, every time we visit her. For at least 5 years now.]
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 04:49 PM   #7
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Hmmm. I've got a relative who has nothing to do all day*. Pondering whether she'd allow me to get one for her. Questions:
(1) can I send Audible file to it by "push"? I know how to send a book to a remote kindle, as long as they have wifi turned on. Can I do the same for an Audible book? (She's a complete Luddite, and wouldn't know how to "pull" new Audible files or books.)
(2) Does it have a headphone jack, for audio listening?

*[She's been giving us suggestions (orders) for her funeral, every time we visit her. For at least 5 years now.]
I can't answer the first question but would love to know the answer too. For your second question, no, it is bluetooth audio only. So bluetooth speaker or headphones will be required for audio books.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 12:38 AM   #8
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Good Deb buys the Kindle. Bad Deb slaps her around until she agrees to take the Kindle.

Quote:
On Amazon.com, I go to My Content and Devices. Then to Audio Books. Then click on the ... button. Choose the option to deliver to my devices. It allows me to choose my compatible devices.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 03:11 PM   #9
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Wonderful! So they can be "delivered". Perfect.

For starters, I'm taking a plain touch Kindle to her, as a loan (she doesn't want to own things). But I can ask about the other, since audio books are available. [I like your good/bad suggestions for me!!]

Thanks!
Old 12-11-2018, 06:53 PM   #10
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
The all-new Kindle Paperwhite is currently on sale at Amazon.com for $99.99 (regular price $129.99).

sale £99.99 inc VAT in UK

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...FR44/ref=fs_ms
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 10:55 AM   #11
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
The 10th gen Paperwhite isn't on sale in Canada, but the 7th is. The wi-fi model is on for $99CDN and the Whispersync 3G is on for $149CDN.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 02:29 PM   #12
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
I wonder if it's not selling as well as they'd hoped? The price has been $99.00 for longer than expected and yesterday, Amazon pushed a notification to my phone suggesting I buy a Kindle.

I think the new Paperwhite is leagues better than the previous models (twice the storage and waterproofing at the same price?), so I'm not knocking it. But boy they're pushing that thing hard.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 02:56 PM   #13
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer

They're pushing it hard enough that I even took a look at it (I have an Oasis1 and a Voyage. Plus a touch kindle). There are a lot of negative reviews! Battery issues, mostly.
Old 12-13-2018, 02:59 PM   #14
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
They're pushing it hard enough that I even took a look at it (I have an Oasis1 and a Voyage. Plus a touch kindle). There are a lot of negative reviews! Battery issues, mostly.
If I hadn't just picked up a Nook Glowlight Plus, I'd be looking at the new Kindle. I wanted a 6" waterproof reader and Kobo isn't likely to roll one out any time soon.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 03:00 PM   #15
tch65721
Evangelist
tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 10", Android phone
I have a first gen paperwhite but I haven't updated because it still works fine and none their products offer all the features I want. What do I want? An edge wide enough to actually get a grip on, real buttons to turn the page and immersion reading.

Odd that Amazon/Audible introduced immersion reading (book is highlighted as the words are spoken), yet none of their hardware supports it. My el cheapo phone and free android app do though.
tch65721 is offline   Reply With Quote