Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 01-31-2022, 02:26 PM   #1
JVT038
JVT038 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Migrating from Kobo to Koreader

Hi!
So I want to start using Koreader, instead of the default Kobo OS.
I would like to migrate / export all the reading statistics from Kobo to Koreader. I have over 900 hours of reading, and tons of annotations and everything, so I would like to export and import this into Koreader.
Is this possible? If yes, how would I achieve this?

I have a Kobo Clara HD, if that's important.

With kind regards,
JVT038 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 06:50 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Technically, yes, although I'm not quite sure anyone's ever done it (or at least publicly bragged about it ;p).

Since, admittedly, you're not going to re-read (much) of your old stuff, you can do what I did: just leave it alone, and periodically sync the stats from KOReader to Nickel.

I do that mostly for Calibre's sake (tracking read books), with this particular Python script, which you can run from within KOReader (requires my KoboStuff Python distribution).

Progress state is the only thing I'm interested in, but one could probably poke at more stuff.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 02:17 PM   #3
JVT038
JVT038 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Would it be possible to change the script, so that the data goes the other way? Instead of from Koreader to Kobo, from Kobo to Koreader? Your solution isn't the solution I'm looking for.
JVT038 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 02:48 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Technically, yes, although I'm not quite sure anyone's ever done it (or at least publicly bragged about it ;p).
Left as an exercise to the reader, because this is moderately non-trivial and finicky. The calibre Kobo driver would probably be the best documentation for this sort of thing.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annotations, kobo, migrate, statistics