Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 04-24-2020, 09:23 AM   #1
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Accessible ways to read Kindle ebooks on the Mac?

Sometimes I want to check sources on my computer, maybe search these sources.

Amazon has an app.

But if I try to search, it fires a blinking cursor. I have neuro issues where blinking cursors blind me, and give me migraines.

Are there any accessible apps that can read their locked ebooks?
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 11:24 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarjaE View Post
Sometimes I want to check sources on my computer, maybe search these sources.

Amazon has an app.

But if I try to search, it fires a blinking cursor. I have neuro issues where blinking cursors blind me, and give me migraines.

Are there any accessible apps that can read their locked ebooks?
Only Kindle for Mac can read Amazon ebooks with DRM. (Once Kindle for Mac is registered, I don't think it has any flashing cursors. Perhaps someone else can log in for you?)

Otherwise I would recommend removing the DRM. This is fairly straightforward if you have a E-Ink based Kindle. See Apprentice Alf's blog.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2020, 05:39 PM   #3
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Only Kindle for Mac can read Amazon ebooks with DRM. (Once Kindle for Mac is registered, I don't think it has any flashing cursors. Perhaps someone else can log in for you?)

Otherwise I would recommend removing the DRM. This is fairly straightforward if you have a E-Ink based Kindle. See Apprentice Alf's blog.
It also has blinking cursors in the search bar. And I'm strongly considering unlocking the reference books for this.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 09:14 AM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarjaE View Post
It also has blinking cursors in the search bar. And I'm strongly considering unlocking the reference books for this.
So it does! I'm sorry I didn't see that - it doesn't blink until you click in there.

I always recommend that people remove DRM from the books they've bought. It's the sensible thing to do.

If I hadn't done so, I'd have lost access to many hundreds of books I've purchased from ebook stores that have closed down. And there's quite a few of those books that I haven't got around to reading yet!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
accessibility, azw