Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 04-07-2020, 11:15 AM   #16
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
And as I've said for a long time and will continue to say, Windows is the best OS for eBooks.
Windows is also the best OS for mp3, bus stations, dogs & cats, bathrooms and printed books. It is not good for wood handcrafting, though. /s
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 11:21 AM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
Windows is also the best OS for mp3, bus stations, dogs & cats, bathrooms and printed books. It is not good for wood handcrafting, though. /s
That's OK that Windows is not good for wood handcrafting as that has nothing to do with eBooks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2020, 06:12 PM   #18
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinCEO View Post
I don't use windows. The thread has a standard, not a program, as its argument. In any case: have you read the ePubPack code? Can you guarantee that it fully complies with the standard?
Hmmm... epubpack stores the mimetype file uncompressed and uses deflate compression on the other files, it creates the META-INF directory and uses it to store the meta-inf reserved files including the ones I've never seen in the wild but created for testing. If epubpack did error checking, it would have abended on that particular test.

If you want to take a look at epubpack's code, check it's SourceForge page.

After that, if you are feeling really bored or suffering from insomnia , check the EPUB Open Container Format (OCF) 3.2 from the www.w3.org website.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 06:36 AM   #19
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
And as I've said for a long time and will continue to say, Windows is the best OS for eBooks.
So why are there no ereaders that use Windows? They all use Linux or Android (which uses the Linux Kernel) other than apps on phone/tablets/laptops.
I used to recommend Windows over Mac or Linux for desktop/laptop applications.
I used to sell it along with office and education solutions / networks. Though only Windows Server from 1994 to 2005.

Much of your advice is really good.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 08:03 AM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
So why are there no ereaders that use Windows? They all use Linux or Android (which uses the Linux Kernel) other than apps on phone/tablets/laptops.
I used to recommend Windows over Mac or Linux for desktop/laptop applications.
I used to sell it along with office and education solutions / networks. Though only Windows Server from 1994 to 2005.

Much of your advice is really good.
I'm not talking for Readers. I'm talking for your laptop, desktop, or tablet.

If the app is written for a specific OS, then it should work well.
Advert
Old 04-08-2020, 08:49 AM   #21
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
That's OK that Windows is not good for wood handcrafting as that has nothing to do with eBooks.
Whatabout my woodcut illustrations

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 08:08 AM   #22
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Whatabout my woodcut illustrations

BR
Adobe Illustrator for Windows.
Old 04-09-2020, 11:11 AM   #23
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Adobe Illustrator for Windows.
Will it drive my Epilog laser engraver directly?
Old 04-09-2020, 04:19 PM   #24
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Yes, Adone Illustrator will And so will Corel Draw.

Next!

Last edited by JSWolf; 04-09-2020 at 04:22 PM.
Old 04-09-2020, 04:30 PM   #25
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Quote:
Yes, Adone Illustrator will And so will Corel Draw.
Next!
Yes, Jon. I know about using the Epilog print driver. What I wanted was a direct connection like the one I use for a CNC router. The finer control made creating a very detailed woodcut block almost easy. Admittedly, the blocks were only good for about 50 prints (the finer the detail, the more fragile) but it made the artist a very happy camper.

Tags
bash, epub, standards, zip