Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 05-19-2020, 03:36 PM   #16
TheRealJohnAdams
TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.TheRealJohnAdams has never been to obedience school.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
That does work with a large padding-left, but I think it works for the same reason that padding-left:4em works. If you reduce the padding, you get results like in the attachment—which is weird, because the padding is still more than the width of the V. element, so they shouldn't be interacting.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2020-05-19 153332.png
Views:	8
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	179359  
TheRealJohnAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 08:17 PM   #17
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, and NookColor. 2 Droid, 1 Win8 ePUB rdrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Then that solution of Mobi is no good. Is there a solution that will work on a K1? It's things like this is the reason why I think Mobi needs to go. Amazon having multiple version is not good.
Jon, take that hobbyhorse outside and bloody shoot it. While I'm perfectly willing to concede that there are unlikely to be very many K1's still in circulation, for very good reason, I personally still know two people with K2s, besides myself, mind you and they both still use theirs.

My preferred reader is a Voyage. I have the new Oasis with the side thingy and I DO NOT LIKE IT. Not a bit. It's exactly the wrong size for my hands; the lower-right-hand corner digs into my palm when reading. (Grrrr).

So, I'm not shocked that people who aren't uber-voracious readers or who are on limited budgets haven't run out to buy the latest and greatest eInk to replace their k2. And MOBI is still for K2 and early K3s and a few others and not to mention the DX, too.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 09:29 PM   #18
j.p.s
Wizard
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbnJrg View Post
I can't attach the .kfx output but is ok. Below you can check the respective .epub.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
And maybe odt too.
Any file type that can't be attached can be gzip'd then attached.

Then nice thing about gz files compared to tar and zip files is that gunzip by default removes the gz file after decompressing to the original file. If for some reason you want to retain the gz file, that is trivial to do.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 11:15 PM   #19
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJohnAdams View Post
That does work with a large padding-left, but I think it works for the same reason that padding-left:4em works. If you reduce the padding, you get results like in the attachment—which is weird, because the padding is still more than the width of the V. element, so they shouldn't be interacting.
Yes, I told that with a huge font-size ("9" or "10") there would be issues with the alignment. But who want to read with such a font-size? And with just padding, things can be different in portrait and landscape mode and different fonts can affect the alignment (4em can work for Bookerly but not for, i.e. Georgia).
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote