Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-18-2020, 09:23 AM   #1
EPW
EPW began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max 3
Onyx Boox Max 3 Pen Sensitivity + Book Notes

Issue 1: I cannot get the pressure sensitivity to work in Notes. Is there a setting somewhere to turn it on and off? I have tried Google, and nothing helpful shows up.

Just for grins (and frustration), I tried it on OneNote, and it worked just fine.

Issue 2: I read there was a setting to link a page in a notebook to a page in a book when taking notes on a .pdf, rather than having the two operate independently. I cannot find it anywhere. This was one of the reasons I bought the Max 3, and it appears this functionality may be gone with the current firmware version. Tell me I am wrong (or, even better, tell me how to link a book page with a note page).

Any hints, tips, tricks, or ideas? It is driving me nuts.
EPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 03:00 PM   #2
adrians
adrians doesn't litteradrians doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPW View Post
Issue 2: I read there was a setting to link a page in a notebook to a page in a book when taking notes on a .pdf, rather than having the two operate independently. I cannot find it anywhere. This was one of the reasons I bought the Max 3, and it appears this functionality may be gone with the current firmware version. Tell me I am wrong (or, even better, tell me how to link a book page with a note page).

Any hints, tips, tricks, or ideas? It is driving me nuts.
<Edit> I see now that you were asking specifically about linking a note to a particular page. I don't believe I've seen that before. Only annotations are linked to the source, as far as I know.</Edit>

First, you should know that there are two kinds of notes: stand-alone notes and those that were started when using the reader app.

To start the latter type of note notebook, while in the reader go to split view and choose "Split View", then the "Current Doc & Notes" sub-option. This will make the display go to landscape mode with the book on the left and the notes on the right. Saved notes will go under a notebook which takes on the name of the book with "_note" appended to it. These notes are not attached to any particular location in the book, unlike annotations.

You can view (and further edit) book notes in the note app by selecting the appropriate icon at the top (the one that looks like a lined piece of paper with a pen drawn on top).
adrians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 03:41 PM   #3
M_Faust
Connoisseur
M_Faust doesn't litterM_Faust doesn't litterM_Faust doesn't litter

Device: PocketBook 912, Onyx Boox Max, Max 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPW View Post
Issue 1: I cannot get the pressure sensitivity to work in Notes. Is there a setting somewhere to turn it on and off?
Tap on "Pen" icon and choose Brush.

And a advice - read the manual.
M_Faust is offline   Reply With Quote