Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 05-16-2020, 11:09 AM   #1
Dutchera
Dutchera began at the beginning.

Device: Promedia
Smile Welcome

Hi, I'm a Dutch retiree and use Calibre a long time to collect my ebook-collection. I am very pleased with this program and use it almost every day. My collection of Dutch ebook exceeds 45.000 books and I'm still going on adding new books almost every day.
I will pose a suggestion that possibly has been made before, but I did not look throught all messages.
What I like to see as an option is a database for authors, where you can put some more detailed information about them.
The only thing I can do now with your program is see my collection of ebooks, but nothing about the author himself.
I often think when reading a book, who is the person that wrote this. It may be helpfull in understanding them.
Do you think this is a possibiliy?
Thank you for your program up till now.
Regards,
Rob de Louw

info@robdelouw.nl
Dutchera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 12:26 PM   #2
Sirtel
Wizard
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage/Oasis 2/Oasis 3/Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8''/Kobo Libra H2O
Hello and welcome to MobileRead!

As to your suggestion, you should post it in the Calibre subforum:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=166

One option to get what you want would be to create a custom column (long text like comments) and put the author information there.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote