Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-16-2020, 09:43 AM   #1
Adie
Adie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Cool Large left margin on paper white mobi

When I convert epubs to mobi and share to paperwhite I keep having a left margin 10-15mm for all texts. Ocassionaly I get a conversion that has no left margin which is what I want. (The books are web pages downloaded with google and ePub plugin).
Can anybody advise what may help.

Thx Adie
Adie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 10:49 AM   #2
Sirtel
Wizard
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage/Oasis 2/Oasis 3/Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8''/Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adie View Post
When I convert epubs to mobi and share to paperwhite I keep having a left margin 10-15mm for all texts. Ocassionaly I get a conversion that has no left margin which is what I want. (The books are web pages downloaded with google and ePub plugin).
Can anybody advise what may help.

Thx Adie
The book probably has right and/or left margins defined in the css, and mobi doesn't do margins well. You have to look at the code of the epub in an editor (Calibre editor or Sigil). If body text or paragraphs have values for left/right margins, change those to 0.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
margin align, paperwhite 3