Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-19-2017, 09:32 AM   #136
June
Addict
June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Oasis 1&2 and others
The Charcoal fabric cover shows as “in stock” on the .com site for me, it even claims it ships to my address - but when I choose my European address at checkout, they don’t ship here. I’m hoping someone will sell me one (have an ad in Fleamarket here, hint, hint...)
June is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 10:50 AM   #137
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Yes, the charcoal fabric cover is the only one that's showing that it's in stock. Everything else is 1 to 2 months except for the sandstone fabric cover which says temporarily out of stock.

I just cancelled my sandstone cover and ordered charcoal with one day delivery. It's supposed to arrive Tuesday.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 01:50 PM   #138
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I bought this from Amazon. It's a sleeve for the new Oasis, it's mainly designed for those who don't want a case but it does fit my Oasis in a clip in third party case. It's not a completely rigid sleeve but it does feel quite sturdy and thick, and the top has two magnets to keep it closed.

My cover is a bit loose on the screen, it can slide about so this keeps it nice and safe, and as I like to read without the cover on this is doubly useful. I'm very pleased with it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6784.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	722.1 KB
ID:	160109   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6785.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	766.4 KB
ID:	160110   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6786.JPG
Views:	201
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	160111   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6787.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	502.5 KB
ID:	160112  
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 07:51 AM   #139
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
"Designed by Amazon to be the lightest and thinnest protective cover for Kindle Paperwhite (will not fit Kindle or Kindle Touch)"

"Crafted from premium leather featuring a ruggedly smooth finish, the classically styled aniline surface will wear and patina naturally with use, making each individual cover unique"

"Wake or put your device to sleep by opening or closing the cover"

That's it. One word that is important to me is "protective". Why would Amazon make a cover for the Oasis 2 that is intended to personalize your device but not protect it? I don't know. Sounds strange to me.

And, I don't care if the cover stands up all by itself. I don't care if it will come across my desktop when I call it. I just want it to protect my Kindle, give me something to hold on to, and look attractive.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 01:43 PM   #140
ElspethB
Passionate Reader
ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, Kobo Clara HD, Fire HD 8, Voyage, Oasis 3, PW5
My MoKo case arrived today, and I couldn't be happier with it. It fits around all four corners, so the Oasis is snug inside, but the long left side is not completely closed, making it relatively easy to pop out should I ever want to change the case or read without it (easy at least by way of comparison with my PW in its official case as well as my Voyage in the Hotcool case, both of which are difficult to remove). The sleep/wake function works perfectly, and the power button and charging port are completely accessible. Best of all, with the slippery metal back covered, I no longer have to worry about the Oasis slipping out of my hand while I'm reading.

The weight of the Oasis with the MoKo cover is 311 grams, making it 41 grams heavier than the weight of my Voyage with the very lightweight Hotcool case; however, thanks to the weighted design of the Oasis, it now feels much more comfortable to hold one-handed during long reading sessions.

I guess the downside would be that it's not a standing cover; however, as I never used or wanted one, that's not an issue for me. At the price point (about a third of what I paid for the official Amazon fabric cover before the price drop), I am quite pleased. I'm shipping the Amazon cover back today!
ElspethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 11:46 AM   #141
cane
Enthusiast
cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3,Kindle Oasis 2016,2022 Basic kindle
Looks like Amazon has dropped their case options on the Oasis 2017
cane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 11:55 AM   #142
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cane View Post
Looks like Amazon has dropped their case options on the Oasis 2017
Can you elaborate?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 12:08 PM   #143
cane
Enthusiast
cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I was just on amazon and no Oasis 2017 covers a listed
Old 11-22-2017, 12:11 PM   #144
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
I was just on amazon and no Oasis 2017 covers a listed
Yes, that happened about 10 days ago, as discussed, for example, in this thread.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 12:11 PM   #145
cane
Enthusiast

Well now they are back :-)
They are only being show as used !
Bet they are the returned cases
the Merlot one is Currently unavailable

Last edited by cane; 11-22-2017 at 01:02 PM. Reason: new info
Old 11-22-2017, 12:52 PM   #146
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I bought this from Amazon. It's a sleeve for the new Oasis, it's mainly designed for those who don't want a case but it does fit my Oasis in a clip in third party case. It's not a completely rigid sleeve but it does feel quite sturdy and thick, and the top has two magnets to keep it closed.

My cover is a bit loose on the screen, it can slide about so this keeps it nice and safe, and as I like to read without the cover on this is doubly useful. I'm very pleased with it.
Very nice Josieb! I got my pink Walnew sleeve (from Amazon) and am fairly impressed with it, and the MoKo cover arrived last night.
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 04:41 PM   #147
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenG View Post
Yes, the charcoal fabric cover is the only one that's showing that it's in stock. Everything else is 1 to 2 months except for the sandstone fabric cover which says temporarily out of stock.

I just cancelled my sandstone cover and ordered charcoal with one day delivery. It's supposed to arrive Tuesday.
Did you get it? My charcoal one came today (ordered last sunday) and I really like it. Since my Oasis is not scheduled to arrive until dec 8th I cannot yet say how it holds to the device itself.

Preliminary sticking it to the fridge I was surprised how strong both sides of the cover are. The front a little bit weaker than the back. Also a good thing that the back has that wedge to grab behind it for easy removal from fridge.

The indigo would have been my first color choice and wanted to order a second cover just to discover like cane that all covers show as "currently unavailable" on the US site just like they been on the UK one.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 04:50 PM   #148
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Quote:
Well now they are back :-)
They are only being show as used !
Bet they are the returned cases
the Merlot one is Currently unavailable
I'd get the white fabric one in a heartbeat for that price but they don't deliver to Germany where I currently reside...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 04:55 PM   #149
kaibob
Connoisseur
kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Paperwhite 3
I've decided to purchase either the Fintie or Moko case for a new Oasis. There are a number of complaints on Amazon that the Fintie case can accidentally trigger the page-turn buttons when the cover is closed, and I wondered if anyone has experienced this issue. Thanks.
kaibob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 08:45 PM   #150
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaibob View Post
I've decided to purchase either the Fintie or Moko case for a new Oasis. There are a number of complaints on Amazon that the Fintie case can accidentally trigger the page-turn buttons when the cover is closed, and I wondered if anyone has experienced this issue. Thanks.
I own both the Fintie and the Moko, and I've pretty much settled on the Fintie, because it just seems more comfortable to hold (even though it's heavier) I haven't seen the issue with it accidentally hitting the page turn buttons, but I see how it could happen. Usually when I close the cover, I'm just closing it and putting it down on a table. If I'm putting it into my bag, I try to hit the power button to put it to sleep first...but I've done that with all of my readers.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
but are showing as used