Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-02-2017, 10:41 AM   #31
dublincheri
Zealot
dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, new Basic 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
I emailed DecalGirl on Tuesday and heard back that they expect to have skins for the new Oasis in the next week or 2 at most.
Delighted to see this! I have used their skins on all my Kindles.
dublincheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 12:25 PM   #32
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
I emailed DecalGirl on Tuesday and heard back that they expect to have skins for the new Oasis in the next week or 2 at most.
Thank you! I have a DecalGirl skin on the original Oasis and it definitely makes it easier to hold. I am wanting to add the skin to the Oasis 2 as well.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2017, 01:15 PM   #33
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Oasis 9th Gen
Black leather cover is fairly secure (not as tight a fit as I would like). But my bigger complaint is when used as a stand. Why could they not design this so that the book was level. Who thought that was a good idea in a $60 cover???
radamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 02:08 PM   #34
Rix__Mix
Rix__Mix began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
My black leather cover arrived today.

I don't like the leather finish. Just brushing your nail against the finish is enough to permanently mark the soft leather, terrible choice of material. This cover will not last compared to the previous generations of covers.

It's very securely attached to my Oasis, so no problems with the magnet. But yeah, I'm kinda appalled by the choice of material. For £55 and for the first time with an official Kindle cover, I feel like I've been had.
Rix__Mix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 02:18 PM   #35
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dublincheri View Post
Delighted to see this! I have used their skins on all my Kindles.
Me too!
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2017, 02:25 PM   #36
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Thank you! I have a DecalGirl skin on the original Oasis and it definitely makes it easier to hold. I am wanting to add the skin to the Oasis 2 as well.
So did I get a DecalGirl skin for my original Oasis. While I liked the skin because it made it easier to hold the Oasis, it made the connection to the cover "fiddly". It mostly wouldn't connect well enough to charge, unless I pressed on the magnets. I had to take the skin off.

So, one more benefit of no-battery-in-cover: one can use skins!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 02:33 PM   #37
John Hopper
Addict
John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
My magnets seem to be stronger today, i'm handing the Oasis a lot, opening and closing as i'm downloading books, and it hasn't separated once.
Now you mention it, mine seems more secure now after two days of use also.
John Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 10:25 PM   #38
Ocicat
Groupie
Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Librie,PRS900,950,K4, KT, PW1&2, KV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
My magnets seem to be stronger today, i'm handing the Oasis a lot, opening and closing as i'm downloading books, and it hasn't separated once.
Mine only separated when it was standing up on kitchen table and I tried to adjust the angle of the origami cover. Twice the Oasis went flying, luckily unto a stack of papers.

Otherwise the cover seems solidly attached, I can open it, shake it and Oasis is secure.
Ocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 08:17 AM   #39
athenat
athenat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
I am so upset with Amazon. I ordered the Merlot cover on 10/20, to be first delivered on 10/31, they switched it to 11/2, then yesterday they switched it to 11/27. Now I am seeing a date of 12/6 for availability on Amazon. I called they were of no help. The black one is available but for $60 you want the color you want. If it was $10-$20 I wouldn't care. But $60 for a cover??? There should not be any compromise. I will be calling again and requesting to speak to a supervisor. I tried Best Buy but they sold out of all covers. I wish some third party companies would start making some soon.
athenat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 08:37 AM   #40
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by athenat View Post
I will be calling again and requesting to speak to a supervisor.
What good will that do? If it's out of stock, it's out of stock.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 09:49 AM   #41
Gabriel.Voyager
Connoisseur
Gabriel.Voyager began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Kindle Voyage 3G, Kobo Aura H2O, iPad Mini Retina
the waterproof cover is very stable.
i read 1 hour in break time at the cafeteria and always stay up
Gabriel.Voyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 12:34 PM   #42
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
I received my saddle leather cover and the color is really beautiful, just like a couple of members told me. I had initially leaned towards the merlot, but it was already out of stock. I am happy with my decision. Yes, its the softer type of leather, and yes, every fingernail scrape/touch shows. But they also rub easily out, just like on the Walnut KOA1. So I am aware it will not look as pristine and smooth as it does now.

So I put it on the Oasis just to see how it works and it seems to be on strong enough for me. I will only read out of the cover, so its just to open, wake up kindle, take out and read. And when I am on a break, I'll put it back in. Just like I did with the first Oasis. So its only out of the cover when I read. It didn't come off opening and closing a few times.

I also tested the stand and it seems pretty sturdy. I tried on 2 smoother type tables and a mat. Now the more you pull out the flap, the more it tilts sideways of course. But I didn't need to pull it out much to make it sturdy and stay upright enough so I can read. I wouldn't want the angle to be further back anyway, or I'd have to crouch over it to read at the table. I don't read very often on the table though and have a stand there for putting my devices in if I need to. Its what I did with the Oasis and the Voyage. Even though I have the origami cover with the Voyage, its most often out of the cover. That stand though is very very sturdy if used. Won't budge.

I haven't tested this saddle case though sitting and reading and pecking at it to change pages to see if it would stay up for long periods of time. I just gave it a few pecks to see. Harder than I would to when reading.

But the leather cover is not for those that want their covers to look pristine with no marks or patina on it. Its not quite as bad as the walnut. I think its something to do with the color and the fibers are not quite as long as on the walnut. Not sure if I am putting this right. The color between the scratches on the walnut were more noticeable. As in the main color was much darker than the scratches. On this Saddle tan, the are more the same color. Probably not making sense here.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 12:40 PM   #43
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Makes perfect sense! Thank you for the feedback. I was holding off because the Merlot is out of stock. But, based on what you've said, I'll roll the dice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
I received my saddle leather cover and the color is really beautiful, just like a couple of members told me. I had initially leaned towards the merlot, but it was already out of stock. I am happy with my decision. Yes, its the softer type of leather, and yes, every fingernail scrape/touch shows. But they also rub easily out, just like on the Walnut KOA1. So I am aware it will not look as pristine and smooth as it does now.

So I put it on the Oasis just to see how it works and it seems to be on strong enough for me. I will only read out of the cover, so its just to open, wake up kindle, take out and read. And when I am on a break, I'll put it back in. Just like I did with the first Oasis. So its only out of the cover when I read. It didn't come off opening and closing a few times.

I also tested the stand and it seems pretty sturdy. I tried on 2 smoother type tables and a mat. Now the more you pull out the flap, the more it tilts sideways of course. But I didn't need to pull it out much to make it sturdy and stay upright enough so I can read. I wouldn't want the angle to be further back anyway, or I'd have to crouch over it to read at the table. I don't read very often on the table though and have a stand there for putting my devices in if I need to. Its what I did with the Oasis and the Voyage. Even though I have the origami cover with the Voyage, its most often out of the cover. That stand though is very very sturdy if used. Won't budge.

I haven't tested this saddle case though sitting and reading and pecking at it to change pages to see if it would stay up for long periods of time. I just gave it a few pecks to see. Harder than I would to when reading.

But the leather cover is not for those that want their covers to look pristine with no marks or patina on it. Its not quite as bad as the walnut. I think its something to do with the color and the fibers are not quite as long as on the walnut. Not sure if I am putting this right. The color between the scratches on the walnut were more noticeable. As in the main color was much darker than the scratches. On this Saddle tan, the are more the same color. Probably not making sense here.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 02:13 PM   #44
Kolja
Zealot
Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have the Merlot leather cover and the magnets are strong and it is actually slightly difficult to remove. My complaint is that when using the stand the Kindle is at an angle and is distracting. It's not as bad when completely upright, but that is not a comfortable position for me. The Merlot color is beautiful and although the leather is soft I don't have any marks on it yet.
Kolja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 05:46 AM   #45
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Mine's fine now. I suspect it's a case (no pun intended ) of it taking a while for the leather case to mould itself to the shape of the back of the device, so the magnets firmly attach.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote