Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-01-2022, 11:34 AM   #1
Cyfranek
Groupie
Cyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: PocketBok Era, Kindle Oasis 3, Bookeen Diva HD
PocketBook Era with E-Ink Carta 1200 screen

There will be new PocketBook Era ereader available in July 2022. The newest feature is 7" E-Ink Carta 1200 screen. The design is quite new as well. Physical buttons are to the right of the screen not at the bottom frame. TYou can find specs and some renders here: http://cyfranek.booklikes.com/post/5...ink-carta-1200
Cyfranek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 03:32 PM   #2
Krios
Zealot
Krios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five words

Device: Bookeen Odyssey FrontLight 2, Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Kobo Libra 2
I knew something was coming, but i was hoping it was new 8" ereader.
Krios is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2022, 06:08 PM   #3
Sonnenfee
Zealot
Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo, PocketBook, Sony, Woxter
I'm a bit torn. I like flush screen devices, which the Kobo Libra 2 unfortunately doesn't have.

I was hoping for a 7" device with a Mobius Display, as there is no such device on the market yet. The design of the Era is not ergonomic compared to Libra H2O and Libra 2, which I really like on my Libra 2. The Oasis 3 can also be held well with one hand over a longer period of time, just not quite as comfortably as the Libra 2. But what I love, however, is the high-quality material of Oasis 3.

Should the Era ever be offered at a reduced price, I could imagine ordering one. At full price I wouldn't, cause with Libra 2 and Oasis 3, having very good devices.
Sonnenfee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 06:11 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Google translated page.

https://cyfranek-booklikes-com.trans..._x_tr_pto=wapp
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 06:12 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnenfee View Post
I'm a bit torn. I like flush screen devices, which the Kobo Libra 2 unfortunately doesn't have.

I was hoping for a 7" device with a Mobius Display, as there is no such device on the market yet. The design of the Era is not ergonomic compared to Libra H2O and Libra 2, which I really like on my Libra 2. The Oasis 3 can also be held well with one hand over a longer period of time, just not quite as comfortably as the Libra 2. But what I love, however, is the high-quality material of Oasis 3.

Should the Era ever be offered at a reduced price, I could imagine ordering one. At full price I wouldn't, cause with Libra 2 and Oasis 3, having very good devices.
How do you know that the Era is not ergonomic? All you see is a picture of it.
Advert
Old 06-01-2022, 06:17 PM   #6
Sonnenfee
Zealot
Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo, PocketBook, Sony, Woxter
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
How do you know that the Era is not ergonomic? All you see is a picture of it.
Exactely, I see pictures of it and the design is not like the Kobo Libra H2O and Libra 2 on the right side, its not curved.

Last edited by Sonnenfee; 06-01-2022 at 06:22 PM.
Sonnenfee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 07:29 PM   #7
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Here's its info in English...

https://www.gamingdeputy.com/pocketb...e-book-reader/

Here's a German information page, which gives the dimensions...

https://papierlos-lesen.de/datenblatt/pocketbook-era/

And a Spanish one...

https://news.eseuro.com/technology/573670.html

Shorter, narrower and thinner than the Libra 2, but 13 grams heavier. Shorter, narrower and slightly thinner than the Oasis at its thickest point, but 40 grams heavier. This is actually shorter than my HD3, but about an 1-1/2" wider. I like the built-in speakers. but I was hoping that if PocketBook came out with 6.8" or 7" screen it would have been the traditional shape (I worried that the InkPad Lite was a precursor of their new design plans). I have mixed emotions about the flush screen — but (if I do go for a 7" screen) this will probably be my first 7" reader. I like the PocketBook's features.

PocketBook Era - 155 x 134 x 8 mm - 228 grams (flush screen)
Kobo Libra 2 - 161.6 x 144.6 x 9 mm - 215 grams
Kindle Oasis - 159 x 141 x 3.4-8.4 mm - 188 grams (flush screen)

EDIT: Dang. Just realized that color choices for the Era are the same (or close to the same) as the color choices for the standard Touch HD 3 — "spicy copper" and "metallic grey." I guess this probably means this is the Touch HD replacement. I was thinking it was an additional model.

Last edited by rcentros; 06-01-2022 at 08:32 PM. Reason: grammar and correction
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 01:22 AM   #8
eMole
Zealot
eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch HD, PocketBook Era
Ah, a 7" device. I was waiting for it, my eyesight is weakening.
And at last I can move up to ePub3. The promised support for my PB631 never materialized.
eMole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 02:47 AM   #9
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMole View Post
Ah, a 7" device. I was waiting for it, my eyesight is weakening. And at last I can move up to ePub3. The promised support for my PB631 never materialized.
I'm sorry to hear that. The Era looks like a pretty good choice.
Old 06-02-2022, 04:00 AM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Here's its info in English...
I've already posted the Google translated page which gives the stats. Did you not see this?
Old 06-02-2022, 04:55 AM   #11
Lykke
Groupie
Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I admit it looks tempting, especially because of the upgraded RAM. But I also assume this will be yet another device receiving only 2 years of firmware updates, then no further support from PB.
Lykke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 07:09 AM   #12
Cyfranek
Groupie
Cyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: PocketBok Era, Kindle Oasis 3, Bookeen Diva HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lykke View Post
But I also assume this will be yet another device receiving only 2 years of firmware updates, then no further support from PB.
It's quite common to have longer support than for two years. For instance latest update for Touch Lux 4 (more than three years on the market) was a month ago.
Cyfranek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 07:46 AM   #13
rantanplan
Guru
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tolino Shine Color, Tolino Vision 6, Kobo Clara 2E, Boox Note Air 2+
Quote:
I admit it looks tempting, especially because of the upgraded RAM. But I also assume this will be yet another device receiving only 2 years of firmware updates, then no further support from PB.
Unfortunately, their software always felt sluggish and my devices often tended to forget my login. Maybe that will improve with a new device.
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 11:30 AM   #14
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I've already posted the Google translated page which gives the stats. Did you not see this?
The German site had a little more information. Besides I (personally) like to read as many links as I can find for a new reader. Others may feel the same. I also made some personal comments about the new reader. You did see that, right?
Old 06-02-2022, 11:43 AM   #15
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
I'm not crazy about them not fixing the Overdrive on the older PocketBooks either — but I was happy to see that they went back one more version on the Touch Lux series (new release for the Touch Lux 4 came out at the end of April). That reader was announced in September 2018, so it's closing in on four years of support. So maybe there's still a slight chance for the TL3?