Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-25-2017, 12:51 PM   #1
fredih
fredih began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
How do I create the NCX file from the nav?

I exported the eBook I'm currently editing from InDesign to ePub 3. It generated the ePub with the nav file and the NCX file for backward compatibility reasons.

My problem is that Sigil updated the nav but didn't update the NCX file while I was editing the ePub, and now the NCX is useless.

How can I create a new NCX file?

Thanks.
fredih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 01:01 PM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredih View Post
How can I create a new NCX file?
Tools > Epub3 Tools > Generate NCX from Nav
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2017, 01:54 PM   #3
fredih

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Tools > Epub3 Tools > Generate NCX from Nav
Wow, that was really simple. Thanks!
Old 02-25-2017, 02:00 PM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Remember that you need to run that last. Or if you later make edits to the NAV, you'll need to remember to regenerate the NCX.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 10:50 PM   #5
fredih

I've finished the book already so I'm going to generate the NCX now. Thanks for the advice!
Advert

Tags
backward compatibility, epub 3, ncx, toc creation