Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-11-2009, 11:29 AM   #16
Who are you?
Groupie
Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 505
Update: Polymer Vision was bought by Taiwanese OEM manufacturer Wistron.

Translated link
Who are you? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 03:58 AM   #17
Who are you?
Groupie
Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gertjan View Post
Their flexible screen is promising but the Readius was a bad shot.

I've had the thing in my hands over a year ago but its QVGA (320x200) resolution display made it just good enough to browse the address book. This way, the eink display didn't add any value at all.
And another update, according to the CEO of Polymer Vision the resolution and refresh speed of their displays has improved, so it's likely the screen can be used for more than the address book.

Translated link
Who are you? is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2009, 04:07 AM   #18
Journier
Groupie
Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Will it be available in the U.S.A. or just Europe?
Journier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:32 AM   #19
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I'm late to the party, but I want to celebrate too !

I'm really glad Polymer Vision is not dead.
I want this technology in my hands, preferably phone-free, but I might buy it even coupled with a phone.
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 07:46 AM   #20
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who are you? View Post
Update: Polymer Vision was bought by Taiwanese OEM manufacturer Wistron.

Translated link
Info El Reg about this today:

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2009/11...stron_readius/
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2009, 09:45 AM   #21
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
that reg is such a tease ! no price info or many details at all. the anticipating is killing me ! it's good to hear some news though. hopefully this time it really will materialise...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:59 AM   #22
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
that reg is such a tease ! no price info or many details at all. the anticipating is killing me ! it's good to hear some news though. hopefully this time it really will materialise...
I'm with you on this one, Queen Z.
I really hope that we'll see the reborn Readius soon.
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 09:56 AM   #23
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
I've been following this very closely since I first heard about the financial issues and made inquiries throughout the bankruptcy.

I've spoken with Polymer Vision and the good news is their design/engineering teams have kept right on working through the whole financial ordeal. They are working hard to bring out a new device, through Wistron, based on the innovations they have developed since the Readius protoypes were last shown.

The Readius is "so last year"
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 10:02 AM   #24
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
from the first time I saw the form factor, the Readius device was what I always envisioned and ereader would look like. It is still THE format I want...but so much depends on the time and funds spend on the firmware to make it right. So, even if this is my dream reader design for novels and even some basic PDA functions, I am probably going to end up with a Pocketbook 360 instead...then re-evaluate once the revamped Readius is released into the wild.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 10:35 PM   #25
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen)
I was really sad when they went under and stopped developement.

I was considering purchasing a nook in the future, but now that the tech has been bought and is in developement again, ill GLADDLY wait for this to be produced!

Personally, I also think its a great thing to drop the phone aspect.

The 2 features together were just too "gimmicie" for me.

Heres to hoping a nice portable / flexable / collapseable reader comes out next year with the features we all want, supporting the formats we like =)
askyn is offline   Reply With Quote