Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 01-09-2009, 11:12 AM   #1
basilmir
basilmir began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Is there any way to add more zoom levels to the prs-505? (5 or more instead of 3)

Is there any way to add more zoom levels to the prs-505? (5 or more instead of 3)
basilmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 11:14 AM   #2
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
AFAIK, no.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2009, 11:25 AM   #3
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
If the book is in an accessible format, you might try increasing the font size in the file before loading it onto the Reader. It won't increase the number of zoom levels, but it will make the text larger if that is your ultimate goal.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:30 PM   #4
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookishDreamer View Post
If the book is in an accessible format, you might try increasing the font size in the file before loading it onto the Reader. It won't increase the number of zoom levels, but it will make the text larger if that is your ultimate goal. I have some .pdf books I would love to have larger print for my poor eyes.

Dreamer
How do you make the text larger? I have only have the PRS505 for a week, and have Calibre installed on a Mac. Thanks

Last edited by new; 06-25-2009 at 11:32 PM.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:59 PM   #5
hnoto
Groupie
hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS 505
New,
You can increase the text size while you are reading by clicking on the plus button (looks like a magnifying glass with a + in the center) on the top/left hand side of the reader. If you want to increase the font size BEFORE you put the book on your reader using Calibre, you can only change this if your book is in rtf or txt format. You can open it in whatever word processing program you use on the MAC, select all the text and adjust the font size, save, and then upload. If you have a pdf writer, you MAY be able to adjust font size of pdf files, but I don't know about that. If your book is in lrf or epub then, as far as I know, you can only adjust the size 3x using the reader + button.
hnoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2009, 12:24 AM   #6
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
hnoto--Calibre does have the option to change the font size of non-drmed lrf or ePub books before uploading them to your reader. Click on "convert e-books" and under "look & feel" you can change the base font size.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:44 AM   #7
hnoto
Groupie
hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS 505
dordale,
You are right--I forgot about that feature, having not really used it yet. (Still a relative newbie to Calibre.)
hnoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:53 AM   #8
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Dordale,
I have looked at that and became confused, how do I make sure the line spacing is okay if I make bigger size say 18 pt.? When I tried this and looked at it on the Calibre viewer it was all messed up. I am working with .pdf files. Do I have to convert first to .epub? Thanks.

Hnoto, yes even after I enlarge to L on the Sony it is not as big as I want, and I don't want landscape. So I do need to enlarge. Thanks anyway.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:13 PM   #9
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
new--
I've only used Calibre with ePub and LRF books, so I can't help you with the PDF books. I've also only increased the point size one or two points so don't know if increasing it by more would cause the same problems in ePub files.

Sorry I'm not more help! Hopefully you'll be able to find a solution that will do what you need it to do!

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 06:42 PM   #10
arl215
arl215 began at the beginning.

Device: 505
Text size problem

I have a periodic problem with my 505, now and again as I'm reading a book the few pages change to the sm. text size, I have tried re-formatting and evern removing the ebook and replacing it with a different version???? I just found this forum so I'm looking for help,HELP!!!!
arl215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:16 PM   #11
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Just to get it out of the way, there's no chance that you're accidently pressing the 'zoom' button while turning a page, is there?
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 12:24 PM   #12
arl215
arl215 began at the beginning.

Device: 505
Not touching zoom

I solved with Calibre just change the format to sony
arl215 is offline   Reply With Quote