Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-21-2013, 04:15 AM   #1
Remus
Remus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
How remove adds??

Is it possible to remove ads from Kindle Touch 5.3.2 Update
I updated my Kindle to ver. 5.3.2 and re-advertising appeared to me in my Kindle. Is there any way to remove these ads? I looked everywhere but could not, and so far to find a good way to remove the ads.
Remus
Remus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:33 AM   #2
Joy736
Addict
Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
If you paid Amazon to remove the adds and they reappeared after a software-update, call Kindle support. If you got rid of the adds illegally, we are not supposed to assist you with that
Joy736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2013, 11:46 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remus View Post
Is it possible to remove ads from Kindle Touch 5.3.2 Update
I updated my Kindle to ver. 5.3.2 and re-advertising appeared to me in my Kindle. Is there any way to remove these ads? I looked everywhere but could not, and so far to find a good way to remove the ads.
Remus
Did you look on the "Manage Your Kindle" page at Amazon? That should have an option to allow you to remove the ads.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:20 PM   #4
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
I had this problem a while ago. I'd paid Amazon to remove ads, and they were removed for a short time, until I used the wifi, and then they were back. I spent 45 minutes or more on the phone with second-tier customer service (the first tier bounced me fast to someone with more expertise.)

The solution finally was for Amazon to turn ads on again, then off again, and the no-ads finally took. But Amazon had to do that; it didn't work when I did it from the Manage Your Kindle page.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:12 AM   #5
Remus

I solved the problem. Thank you for your help
Advert
Old 03-05-2013, 06:05 AM   #6
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Touch (5.3.7)
I also had issues and had to do a factory reset to make them stay gone, at Amazons request, after I paid to remove.
brianinmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:31 AM   #7
Remus

I wrote a query to Amzonai in response I get the info that adds were removed for free probably because I live permanently outside the U.S.