Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-16-2014, 11:48 AM   #1
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch hacked
Talking iOS 8 rumors surface

The rumor mills are churning again and iOS 8 rumors are all the rage.

According to Tech Geek Forever :

Quote:

Recently we did a piece that iOS 8 may sport a revamped Maps service. Since then many leaks have surfaced from 9to5mac, a reliable source for such information. There is also a photo of how it looks and it does look remarkably similar to iOS 7.

Notice the four new apps? Healthbook, Tips, Preview and TextEdit. Healthbook . HealthBook will of course be for Fitness and is rumored as a companion to Apple’s Rumored smartwatch and will provide information such as calories burnt, distance, heart rate, etc.

HealthBook will also work with the iPhone’s battery efficient M7 microprocessor, to completely track you daily activities and give you data for how to improve.

iOS 8 will be even more cloud focused and Apple will be focused on making the cloud experience more seamless. The TextEdit and Preview apps will be used for viewing Text files and PDFs respectively from iCloud. The Text files and PDFs may be automatically synced by a Mac to your iCloud account by the TextEdit and Preview apps for Mac which recently gained iCloud synchronisation. The apps will feature simple editing tools but are mainly for just viewing the files.

This will bridge the apps between the operating systems and make the cloud even more easier and seamless.

Apple also is considering to move iTunes Radio into a separate app to boost usage. It currently is a part of the Music application. By having a standalone app, the usage could be significantly increased.

With iOS 7, the Notification Centre gained a tabular design with ‘Today’, ‘Notifications’ and ‘Missed’. iOS 8 may possibly see the ‘Missed’ tab’s removal and put it into the Notifications tab along with other notifications. This will make the Notification Centre more minimal, elegant and streamlined.

One of the complaints echoed with iOS 7 was the lack of inter-app communication. If you wanted to export something to another app, it will copy the data instead of exporting it resulting in waste of storage. Apple reportedly is testing inter-app communication for iOS 8. This means you may finally be able to directly upload an image to a social network from the editing app itself. Such a feature was present in Android from it’s very inception, so it comes as a surprise that Apple is adding it only now.

The Game Center app might also be removed and the social gaming features would be integrated into the app itself.

It seems, iOS 8 will be a functionality upgrade rather than an aesthetic one. It seems to add big features and small changes here and there which all come together for one significant update. We are all waiting for the next version of iOS and judging by the rumors, iOS 8 will be accompanied by the long rumored iWatch.
techiemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 12:08 PM   #2
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
9to5Mac are generally reliable when it comes to this stuff. I've seen those screen shots and I don't know, the Preview and TextEdit apps look wrong. Maybe the icons will look different when iOS 8 gets released.
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2014, 01:29 PM   #3
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I hate that iTunes on my computer still copies over all my apps. I wish they would fix that. I want to be able to use iTunes to load music and video onto my device without iTunes spending forever (and computer disk space!) keeping local copies of all my apps. I have never found a way to turn that off...
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 05:26 PM   #4
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
I hate that iTunes on my computer still copies over all my apps. I wish they would fix that. I want to be able to use iTunes to load music and video onto my device without iTunes spending forever (and computer disk space!) keeping local copies of all my apps. I have never found a way to turn that off...
Next time your device is plugged in... use itunes to remove the apps you don't want, and then uncheck automatically install new apps. Done.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 05:54 PM   #5
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
Next time your device is plugged in... use itunes to remove the apps you don't want, and then uncheck automatically install new apps. Done.
I think he was talking about iTunes DLing all the apps that were updated directly to the iPad/iPhone. Your method would simply delete the apps, and if he updated those apps, then he definitely wants to keep them. I too wish that iTunes would not re-DL app updates that have already been DLed and installed on my iThingies. Esecially since iTunes is so darn slow about it.
Advert
Old 03-21-2014, 01:17 AM   #6
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I think he was talking about iTunes DLing all the apps that were updated directly to the iPad/iPhone. Your method would simply delete the apps, and if he updated those apps, then he definitely wants to keep them. I too wish that iTunes would not re-DL app updates that have already been DLed and installed on my iThingies. Esecially since iTunes is so darn slow about it.
I didnt mean to delete the apps from itunes itself. Only from the device. Unless I completely misunderstood the question. The other thing of course is that once purchased they remain in your history in the cloud. So deleting them (from the computer) doesnt "lose" them per se, it just regains space. You can always get them again, later.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ios 8, rumor