Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-16-2017, 07:11 AM   #41116
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 600, Sony 650, Sony T2, Xoom, Nexus 7 (2012 & 2013), Nook ST (x2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Bracing myself to take the clamps off my son's door. He cracked it across the hinges slamming it (teenage tantrums!) and I've tried to glue it back together today. It's badly damaged by the top hinge so I've done that first to see if it is salvageable and, if that's held, I'll glue and clamp the less badly damaged area around the bottom hinge.

I'm really not good at DIY, so please wish me luck!!
Update; top seems to have held together . So I've glued and clamped the bottom this morning. If that holds, I'll be trying to reattach the door tomorrow!
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 02:27 PM   #41117
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Update; top seems to have held together . So I've glued and clamped the bottom this morning. If that holds, I'll be trying to reattach the door tomorrow!
Good luck.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 06:20 PM   #41118
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 600, Sony 650, Sony T2, Xoom, Nexus 7 (2012 & 2013), Nook ST (x2)
Quote:
Update; door now reattached and working. If you knew how bad I am at DIY you'd realise what an achievement that is
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 07:13 PM   #41119
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Update; door now reattached and working. If you knew how bad I am at DIY you'd realise what an achievement that is
Fantastic. The cool thing is now you know how to remove it if the need ever arises.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 02:14 PM   #41120
Rumpelteazer
Wizard
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I've just ordered some cool packs and a, if I say so myself, stylish cooler bag for my trip to the UK. Three years ago I wasn't impressed by the food on the boat and I was even less impressed by the prices. So this time I bring my own, probably a salad plus some snacks. After looking around for a while I found that the ANWB (Dutch AAA) had both on offer, I cost me less than €7 with no shipping costs because I'm going to pick it up at the nearest store, which is a 5 minute walk from my home.

I also made a list of other things I still need to get and made a reminder in my diary to order some money next week.

I'm really looking forward to it. And with last week's verdict in the Family Thing I should be able to enjoy it more than any vacation over the past 4 years.
Rumpelteazer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 03:10 PM   #41121
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Archos 9, Onyx Boox C67ML
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
I'm really looking forward to it. And with last week's verdict in the Family Thing I should be able to enjoy it more than any vacation over the past 4 years.
Fantastic! I wish you could have fabulous days where you just have fun and relieve them from the stress of your daily work. I wish you a wonderful trip, rest a lot and have lots of fun. Have a nice trip!
drjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 03:05 PM   #41122
Rumpelteazer
Wizard
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It was a busy and chaotic day in the store, so I've decided on a relaxed evening. I've just made tea, tuned to radio to Classic FM UK, got a snack and now I'm going to curl up in bed and read for a couple of hours.
Old 09-23-2017, 12:53 PM   #41123
Rumpelteazer
Wizard

Looking into a travel wifi router/access point. Yes, all the hotels I've visited over the last couple of years had free wifi, but in the morning and evening it tends to slow down. Most hotels also offer free high speed wired inter access in the rooms. I'm hoping by creating my own wifi network from the wired access it'll be a more reliable connection.

The last time I looked, years ago, they were both hard to get in the Netherlands and expensive. There still aren't that many available, compared to the US, but the simple ones are €25 to €40. So worth a try.

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?