Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-14-2006, 08:43 PM   #1
jmdor
Enthusiast
jmdor began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle; ex-Sony PRS500
Cool Just busted through the $50 Credit

Well, I have already spent the $50 and more at the Connect store, which is good for Sony. I'm actually pretty pleased with the content that the store is getting -- I just picked up the new Colin Powell biography for less than Amazon.

Granted, we may never see all of the old titles available online -- at least for a while. I am happy that they seem to be keeping up with the new releases. The weekly email is also nice.
jmdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 08:47 PM   #2
ultim8fury
Addict
ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS500, Looking at 700
I only just noticed I was getting a weekly email. Turns out gmail had it marked as spam.
ultim8fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2006, 12:41 PM   #3
mabbts
mabbts began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
Me too! I find the store to be very easy to utilize. It also offers decent savings over Amazon. Plus, I love the convenience of getting the book immediately! (I live overseas and almost always have to wait a week for books I order. This is wonderfuly to feed my instant gratification!)
mabbts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 09:03 PM   #4
diomark
diomark began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader prs-500
...now if they could include cheaper (sub-$10) in the weekly emails

I'm allergic to paying more then paperback prices for an e-book!
-mark
diomark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 01:04 PM   #5
giedre
Connoisseur
giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Sony 500,505, Kindle, 1150
Ha, I've only had the reader for going on 3 days and I've blown my fifty buck credit too! and then some... Thank goodness for this forum at least I can download some free books!
giedre is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2006, 01:43 PM   #6
atreis
atreis began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
I've blown the 50 bucks and spent an additional 30-40 on top of that. While the store software sucks, I've found the formatting of the content to be pretty good.
atreis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 08:32 PM   #7
tcv
Addict
tcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enough

THREE DAYS to blow through $50?

I'd love to know how you guys did that? Maybe I'm just a slow reader...
tcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 08:48 PM   #8
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
They didn't say they'd read all the books in three days, just that they'd bought them.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 10:36 PM   #9
westsan
Enthusiast
westsan is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Talking Not me

Hahahaha... Looks like these guys might have the same disease I do.
Thats why I dont have(want) a credit card...!!

When I was a student I used to troll bookstores and buy whatever caught my eye. It was then I could read what I could afford. Then I discovered used bookstores (my hometown -Pasadena- was famous for them) and I would buy from desire to read rather than readability. Books I had not read started piling up (became quite a collection).
Now I dont buy but what I cannot read -- and download for free. That is why I love my reader.
My manuals and I!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(obviously I dont have friends either cause thats way too much information )
westsan is offline   Reply With Quote