Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-21-2010, 07:18 PM   #1
Dusty
Connoisseur
Dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dusty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony 300, T1
Library books Epub-PDF conflict, what I did

Here is what I did to resolve this annoying problem.
We all know (don't we) about the conflict of having these two types of files in protected mode downloaded from a library. They don't play nice together.

I had one of each and only one worked, the PDF one.
After finishing this book I deleted it and tried opening the EPUB one, no luck.
I next deleted the EPUB using Adobe Digital Reader (ADR) and reloaded it. It came up in the reader as a regular book without the little time clock and would not open. I deleted it again and reloaded with success.
Both times after I had deleted the book and reloaded it ADR asked if I wanted to overwrite the existing copy even though I had deleted it.

So, as I've been told in this forum... load only one type of format at a time. If you don't you know how to fix it now.

I realize some of you know this but I had to go through the process to learn it well.
Dusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:22 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Thanks for the heads up.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert