Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 01-11-2010, 07:16 AM   #1
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
LOTR Books on Board epub or PDF?

Can anyone tell me if the Adobe Digital Editions format version of Lord of the Rings (as sold by Books on Board) is EPUB or not?
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:40 AM   #2
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilHare View Post
Can anyone tell me if the Adobe Digital Editions format version of Lord of the Rings (as sold by Books on Board) is EPUB or not?
Appears to be available in both +

http://www.booksonboard.com/index.ph...36658&v=buynow
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2010, 07:46 AM   #3
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Quote:
It's PDF, they use a different icon for ePub.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:09 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
When BooksOnBoard says the format is Adobe Digital Editions, it's PDF. Adobe ePub is the ePub you want.

And no, I'm not going to get into how much of a boneheaded move it is to call PDF Adobe Digital Editions.

When you are looking for ePub, if the format does not specifically say it's ePub, it's not.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:25 PM   #5
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If you guys would just look at the link I provided above you'll see that it's available in both PDF and EPUB as wall as other formats.

and it says specifically epub or pdf. Add the one you want to your cart.
Advert
Old 01-11-2010, 03:29 PM   #6
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
If you guys would just look at the link I provided above you'll see that it's available in both PDF and EPUB as wall as other formats.

and it says specifically epub or pdf.
It says specifically Adobe ePub and Adobe Digital Edition. So the posts on ADE = PDF at BoB are on point.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:39 PM   #7
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
It says specifically Adobe ePub and Adobe Digital Edition. So the posts on ADE = PDF at BoB are on point.
Exactly. Sheesh.

She was asking about epub and it says epub and has this symbol:

the other one (though you are right it doesn't say pdf) with the adobe symbol is pdf

Last edited by kennyc; 01-11-2010 at 03:47 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:56 AM   #8
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Thanks, kennyc. I have LoTR and the Hobbit in the original mobipocket version which had lots of typos. Do you know whether the typos have been cleaned up? I'd be tempted to buy LoTR again if I could be sure that the text is typo free.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 04:47 AM   #9
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
You should be able to re-download the Mobipocket version. There was an updated Mobipocket version released, which fixed very nearly all the errors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
Thanks, kennyc. I have LoTR and the Hobbit in the original mobipocket version which had lots of typos. Do you know whether the typos have been cleaned up? I'd be tempted to buy LoTR again if I could be sure that the text is typo free.

Regards, Alex
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 12:01 AM   #10
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
You should be able to re-download the Mobipocket version. There was an updated Mobipocket version released, which fixed very nearly all the errors.
Thanks, Paul. I've done that, but there are still more typos than I'm happy with.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote