Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-13-2017, 07:36 AM   #31
dpierron
calibre2opds guru
dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: iPhone, iPad, PRS-650
Well I don't want to sound harsh nor aggressive, but that's not much of a solution : it's already been said in this very thread, and it dos not solve the problem of mails not being accepted by Amazon.

In my case I tried both GMAIL and GMX to send messages (confirmed sent) to my kindle address in MOBI, AZW3, and even DOC formats.
Every time I try, I eventually get an email from Amazon telling me that it didn't work and listing the rules...

Anyone had more change ? I wonder if the service is still working at Amazon...
dpierron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 02:28 AM   #32
book*fiend
book*fiend began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone, Kindle
Can't send from Calibre to email address

Hello all,

I have used Calibre successfully for several years. I encountered a hiccup with its use about 18 months ago which was initially managed by creating a gmx.com email address.... but recently I have been unable to transfer books from my Calibre library to any of my devices (I use Kindles and apple devices running the Kindle app), via "sharing via email", using any of my kindle emails AS WELL AS when I try to use my gmx email... here is the error message below... any help (layman's level, please!) would be very much appreciated,

thank you,

AUTH LOGIN PLAIN
SIZE 69920427
send: AUTH <censored>
reply: '535 Authentication credentials invalid\r\n'
reply: retcode (535); Msg: Authentication credentials invalid

Sending failed...

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/email.py", line 44, in run
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/email.py", line 134, in sendmail
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/smtp.py", line 154, in sendmail
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/smtplib.py", line 647, in login
SMTPAuthenticationError: (535, 'Authentication credentials invalid')

Job: "Email The Kill Artist to drjae@gmx.com" failed with error:
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/threaded_jobs.py", line 84, in start_work
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/email.py", line 101, in __call__
SMTPAuthenticationError: (535, 'Authentication credentials invalid')

Called with args: (u'/var/folders/97/hhgjb37x36s_mp22h6k61q7m0000gp/C/calibre_3.10.0_tmp_BgOJlO/gnnrsHcaltmpfmt.mobi', u'The Kill Artist - Daniel Silva.mobi', u'drjae@gmx.com', u'E-book: The Kill Artist', u'Attached, you will find the e-book\n\nThe Kill Artist\n\tby Daniel Silva\n\nin the MOBI format.') {u'log': <calibre.utils.logging.GUILog object at 0x10de7b150>, u'notifications': <Queue.Queue instance at 0x1172b68c0>, u'abort': <threading._Event object at 0x10de7b110>}
book*fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2017, 11:54 PM   #33
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by book*fiend View Post
AUTH LOGIN PLAIN
SIZE 69920427
send: AUTH <censored>
It is not authenticating to your gmx.com account. Go to the mail service gmx.com in your browser and verify that the login and password are still working.

I just tested mine and my gmx account is still authenticating correctly and was able to send a book.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 01:11 PM   #34
PavelGromnic
PavelGromnic began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I had the same problem.

[QUOTE=Pavati;3369501]First of all, let me thank you, Kovid Goyal, for creating and maintaining calibre - it makes creating own books nearly effortless and so accessible for the not-so-tech-savvy users.
As for topic - I have recently ran into same problem - calibre no longer successfuly transfers my books over to kindle (they never show up in amazon cloud). I have tried switching to different emails, but the books never showed up in amazon cloud.
Eventually I have set up GMX email account and it works, albeit oddly. When I'm sending just one book, it works fine. But whenever I'm sending more books, first one always sends fast normally, but rest of queued books take over 5 minutes to send each (anywhere between 5m10s and 5m20s). As if calibre adds 5 minutes to standard sending time for any subsequent book after first one from queue.
So if I'm sending 5 books, it takes over 20 minutes for calibre to complete all 5 tasks.
Only restarting calibre between sending each book allows sending them in reasonable time.
Is this normal behavior for GMX setup?[/Q

Back up everything on your calibre to something like a memory stick. Delete all your books and uninstall Calibre, Everything. all the data and metadata. Then download and reinstall calibre. Try to download a book to the new calibre and send to device, It worked for me. It works faster than ever now.
PavelGromnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 02:44 PM   #35
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
This is terrible advice.

There is no need to delete ALL BOOKS

If you think a Calibre install has gone corrupt:

1) Uninstall Calibre
2) Delete the Calibre CONFIGURATION FOLDER (removes all user configs and customizations)
3) Check that there is no longer a calibre2 folder in Program files

Reinstall using a FRESH download.
Use Switch/Create to point to your old Library (if it was not in the default location)
You are now ready to make a fresh set of setting changes
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2019, 12:50 PM   #36
Chifundmommy
Chifundmommy began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I have used calibre for years and loved it. I send docs to different kindles using their personal kindle email. However, I updated Calibre to Calibre 3.35 and it doesn't work as it used to. I read the earlier posts and created a GMX account, switching my email to that one now. Unfortunately, it always says unable to send. These are the last few lines in the code. Obviously, I'm doing something wrong. Advice? I have double and triple checked my kindle email, as well.

Sending failed...
Chifundmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 01:33 PM   #37
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chifundmommy View Post
I have used calibre for years and loved it. I send docs to different kindles using their personal kindle email. However, I updated Calibre to Calibre 3.35 and it doesn't work as it used to. I read the earlier posts and created a GMX account, switching my email to that one now. Unfortunately, it always says unable to send. These are the last few lines in the code. Obviously, I'm doing something wrong. Advice? I have double and triple checked my kindle email, as well.

Sending failed...
Have you logged into you GMX account VERY RECENTLY?
IIRC the username for GMX is the full address user@domain
Old 02-24-2019, 07:35 PM   #38
rosemaryknits
rosemaryknits began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite
I am having the same 535 authentication credentials problem. I have checked everything - logged in to my gmx account, making sure that the imap/pop box was properly clicked and that my password was functioning, it all is fine. I double checked the settings in Calibre (although I have changed nothing...) and it all checks out as fine. I even double checked to see that my gmx email is still on the preferred list in amazon. However, I suddenly can't send books.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what else to check? Thanks in advance.

Nevermind, I just fixed it. DUR. Sorry!!!

Here's how - I have no idea why this worked but - I clicked "preferences" then "sharing books by email" then "use gmx" (on the right) and then filled in all of the boxes. Then, under "mail Server" I made sure that the full email address was in the slot, instead of just "@gmx" Tested and voila, all fixed.

I still don't know why this information needed to be redone, I have made no adjustments to Calibre.

Anyway, I'm back to sending stuff to my paperwhite, yay!

Last edited by rosemaryknits; 02-24-2019 at 07:49 PM.
rosemaryknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 10:34 AM   #39
lovedj1
lovedj1 began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....-using-calibre in particular the part about mail relays.
Hi. And thanks both for creating such an amazing proghramme and for being available to help us use it correctly.

I have followed your instructions, created a GMX account a couple of years ago after having had these issues with Gmail and it worked fine. However, for reasons I don't understand, it is happenning again, both with gmail and with GMX. Do you have any suggestions as to how I may be able to sort this out? Calibre seems to send the books without problem (at least it says so), but they never reach my Kindle.
I haven't made any changes and it used to work fine until about a month ago.

Thnaks
lovedj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 12:44 PM   #40
theducks
Well trained by Cats

GMAIL does security steps from time to time to combat bots.
Have you logged into GMAIL (normally) using that PC?
Old 11-25-2019, 03:11 PM   #41
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
When I have wanted to send a book e.g. to my daughter's kindle, I just did it from first principles. no faffing about with calibre, gmx...
Just addressed a regular email to her kindle account, located the mobi or whatever book by using "open path" in the calibre details window, and attached the file to the email then hit send.
Its been a while but that always worked when I wanted it to. She just whitelisted my regular email on her Amazon page for receiving stuff, no other components needed, so less places for it to fail.
Our only stumbling block was creating the correct flavor of mobi, to get it accepted
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 01:51 PM   #42
lovedj1
lovedj1 began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
GMAIL does security steps from time to time to combat bots.
Have you logged into GMAIL (normally) using that PC?
Hi, well, yes, i use it every day for personal use. And I also did the same with my GMX account and found that every time I send a book, Amazon sends me an email with a link to conform within 48 hours that I actually want to allow such book to be sent to my kindle. I have since opened a new GMX account and configured it and it seems to be working for now. Thanks
lovedj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 06:59 PM   #43
theducks
Well trained by Cats

TNX for getting back. Something must have spewed to Amazon from your old account for them to take the extra steps.
Old 01-09-2022, 11:06 AM   #44
JimReid
Enthusiast
JimReid began at the beginning.

Same problem over and over

I recently had to reload my Windows 10 machine. Every time i do something that required a reinstall of Calibre I can't get it to send to my kindle. I have used the same 'send to kindle' address for years and setup the GMX email server so as not having to go through comcast. I still get 'invalid authorization' from the comcast server!! I don't understand how comcast comes into the process if I'm sending from a GMX server to my Kindle.com address. Does Calibre go through my personal email (which is comcast) and if so where does it get the address/password? It apoears that is what is failing.

This is the message:
File "calibre\gui2\wizard\send_email.py", line 204, in test_email_settings
File "calibre\utils\smtp.py", line 180, in sendmail
File "smtplib.py", line 734, in login
File "smtplib.py", line 723, in login
File "smtplib.py", line 646, in auth
smtplib.SMTPAuthenticationError: (535, b'Authentication credentials invalid')
JimReid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 12:16 PM   #45
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Where did it say Comcast?
It says you failed to authenticate properly. It does not even mention WHERE you tried to log into.
Usually this is because you did not use the full accounts user name when you filled out the Calibre mail profile