Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 05-14-2008, 04:33 PM   #31
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I can "feel" the button click on mine, but certainly not hear it.
Same here.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 05:51 PM   #32
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
And you are pressing the so called "enter" button? I do not get it how this kind of button can be silent. Maybe somebody should do a poll
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2008, 06:21 PM   #33
solodoc
Connoisseur
solodoc began at the beginning.

Device: CybookG3...
Quote:
Originally Posted by solodoc View Post
Got mine today.......better navi key response...with softer back & forward fx & same old click when pressing on the corners of the button.

Faster response time with refresh...

Darn I got the brown case! Nice! which I should have had first time!

More news as it comes...

I can understand the battery life being less as a result of its being faster and being more accurate
Yes...more to come
solodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 06:25 PM   #34
lmarie
Dilettante
lmarie doesn't litterlmarie doesn't litter

Device: EB1150, Cybook Gen3, Kobo Touch
Yes, my center button does make a slight click (not loud though.) I thought you were talking about the page turn bar thingamabob.
lmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 07:00 PM   #35
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
And you are pressing the so called "enter" button? I do not get it how this kind of button can be silent. Maybe somebody should do a poll
Ah, OK, there is a slight click when I hit the center button. It's not loud, though, and certainly wouldn't bother someone next to me.
Advert
Old 05-14-2008, 07:08 PM   #36
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Device: Nexus 7, Sony Xperia z3 tablet, Kobo Glo, Boyue T63
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwaldron View Post
Ah, OK, there is a slight click when I hit the center button. It's not loud, though, and certainly wouldn't bother someone next to me.
I have a click with my center button, and you are correct it's not loud enough to bother someone next to me... during the day. At night, that click has been known to wake up my husband, especially if I finish a book and have to go searching for a new one, or want to look something up in the dictionary.
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 09:17 PM   #37
bwaldron
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justy View Post
I have a click with my center button, and you are correct it's not loud enough to bother someone next to me... during the day. At night, that click has been known to wake up my husband, especially if I finish a book and have to go searching for a new one, or want to look something up in the dictionary.
Gotcha. Wouldn't wake me or my wife up, as we are both deep sleepers
Old 05-14-2008, 09:23 PM   #38
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justy View Post
But, I bet he sleeps through the baby crying at 2AM!

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 03:09 AM   #39
mjdb
Kiwi Member
mjdb has learned how to read e-booksmjdb has learned how to read e-booksmjdb has learned how to read e-booksmjdb has learned how to read e-booksmjdb has learned how to read e-booksmjdb has learned how to read e-booksmjdb has learned how to read e-booksmjdb has learned how to read e-books

Device: NAEB Bookeen Cybook Gen3, eBookman
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieScratch View Post
Is the nav button rounded off now where one presses rather than the current "sharp" edging? I think that's what people complain about. If you have to press hard, it can become painful after a bit!
As originally suggested by another poster here, I added a spacer to bring the up down left and right buttons upto the level of the outside of the cover, with a smooth flat easy to push surface.

It is just a bit of cardboard (with a hole for the central button) wrapped in electrical tape, and attached by some tape on the inside of the cover. I find that it enormously improves my ability to comfortably push the buttons with the flesh of my finger tips, rather than digging down with finger nails into the hole.

The picture also shows the other two vital additions - a bit of cotton thread to open the usb cover, and a lanyard attached to the sideways hole that exists for that purpose in the bottom left corner.

http://www.bonham.net.nz/SF/temp/200...%20(Small).JPG

Martin
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	200803210004%20(Small).JPG
Views:	363
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	12803  
mjdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 03:11 AM   #40
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjdb View Post
The picture also shows the other two vital additions - a bit of cotton thread to open the usb cover, and a lanyard attached to the sideways hole that exists for that purpose in the bottom left corner.
I'd suggest just taking the rubber cover off the USB connector - it really doesn't need it, and it makes it a heck of a lot easier to plug in the USB cable. (Mine actually fell off the 2nd day I had my Gen3 ).
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cybook gen3 new edition