Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-25-2009, 08:15 PM   #1921
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
VR just isn't himself these days, ya know?
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:30 PM   #1922
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
VR just isn't himself these days, ya know?
Me? I'm just my usual clown self, Deb.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:33 PM   #1923
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
I was about to write "Will you all do us?" but then decided to abstain...
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 12:15 AM   #1924
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verencat View Post
I was about to write "Will you all do us?" but then decided to abstain...
Is that like the abstain on Monica Lewinsky's dress?
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 03:19 AM   #1925
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Ack... enough with the avatar-napping already... Made my head hurt trying to figure out who posted what...

Anyone besides me who really looks at the avatar instead of the name to see who posted something?

Bad VR! Bad! (whack on nose with rolled up newspaper)
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 04:55 AM   #1926
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
OMG, the dog is doing it again! You stop it NOW, VR. No more avatar thievery, remember?

ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:09 AM   #1927
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Keep it up, guys, and I'll use my Green influence to make changing avatars something you can only do once a week or something like that.

On a more serious note, changing your avatar is fine, but deliberately using someone else's avatar, especially if they object, strays into the "not so cool" area.

So run it through an image processor or something first, ok?
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:10 AM   #1928
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i think vr playing musical avatars is funny, personally.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:11 AM   #1929
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
Funny, yes, confusing, even more so... Bad VR! Bad! (starts looking for my newspaper)
Old 08-26-2009, 08:13 AM   #1930
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Funny, yes, confusing, even more so... Bad VR! Bad! (starts looking for my newspaper)
just think of it as a mental exercise to keep your brain alert. you know, like crossword puzzles or trying to remember where the hell you left your keys.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:15 AM   #1931
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
My first read of this had members adding audio to their avatars and I thought, poor Zelda, she's gonna be bombarded with ABBA.

VR is always funny. Well, except for when he's being serious.

WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:16 AM   #1932
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
My first read of this had members adding audio to their avatars and I thought, poor Zelda, she's gonna be bombarded with ABBA.
bite your tongue, wde !!!

Quote:
VR is always funny. Well, except for when he's being serious.
quite true.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:17 AM   #1933
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
OMG... best idea EVER! Wonder how much I have to pay Alex to implement that feature?

Have my avatar blasting Abba songs everytime Z saw it would be truly awesome!
Old 08-26-2009, 08:19 AM   #1934
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
OMG... best idea EVER! Wonder how much I have to pay Alex to implement that feature?

Have my avatar blasting Abba songs everytime Z saw it would be truly awesome!
please bear in mind that of the two of us, *i* am the one with the moderator superpowers, which include access to the mobileread trebuchet.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:22 AM   #1935
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?

Quote:
please bear in mind that of the two of us, *i* am the one with the moderator superpowers, which include access to the mobileread trebuchet.
Pfff... mobileread trebuchet-smebuchet.... It is no match for the awesome power that is Abba-lyrics man! (Tam tam ta!)

"Voulez-vous (aha!)
Take it now or leave it (aha!)
Now is all we get (aha!)
Nothing promised, no regrets
Voulez-vous (aha!)
Ain't no big decision (aha!)
You know what to do (aha!)
La question c'est voulez-vous
Voulez-vous"

Tags
duck!, fun with avatars, thwack!, unutterable silliness, zelda