Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 04-25-2012, 04:49 PM   #1
JB.
JB. began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T1
Google Drive

Hi All,

I'm just about to bye a PRS T1, being an Android enthousiaste, I'm most likely going to root the thing!

My question is, has anyone managed to get the new Google Drive app installed? This would be perfect for cloud storage for eBooks!

I know that the app installs on Android 2.2 and above, but just wanted to see if anyone has been successful already before I embark on the mission myself of getting it working!

Cheers,

John
JB. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:02 PM   #2
rupor
meat popsicle
rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindles, Pixels, iPads
Yes, it works - but Dropbox has been working from the first day of root

And it looks pretty useless on Sony - it downloads files to /data/data. Sony Content Manager can not pick them up, so books are not added to the database unless you manually copy them to internal memory or SD card. In addition out of the box there is very little space available on /data partition...

Last edited by rupor; 04-26-2012 at 09:32 PM.
rupor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert