Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-17-2012, 07:36 AM   #1
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Justy's review does the 360+ "Justy"ice....

Have had my new 360 plus for a few days..... Dark Blue.... and had read Justy's review along with all the other comments and whatnot about the new 360 plus and was pleasantly surprised at the softer sound of the wing/mouse buttons, the screen though Vizaplez is excellent with the right Font...i.e... Arial Narrow bold, Universal125 bold, Switzerland Narrow Bold...... The Fb180 runs well and the screen turns are much faster then the my old 360.... the 530 Samsung engine does enhance the reading experience.

Read all 22 pages of The new CoolReader Engine thread and spent ages finally getting it to work..and it is a huge improvement over the old Coolreader...Well done to all who work on it...

Skins: still playing with the old and some of the new PB360 skins..but have yet to settle on a favorite.

Key choices: wish you could have one of the wing buttons or the D button do a long push to jump back to the Main menu...but other than that... Pocketbook did a good job on improving the 360.... alas a Pearl Screen would have helped sales... but for me not as important as it used to be...have a 350 with Pearl and a Opus with Vizaplex....and with the choice of fonts and font sizes on the Opus and the 360....which for me is more important.... I'll live with the Vizaplex for now....

Long live the 5-inch readers....

@Justy: Ta for the excellent review on your Blog

@Pocketbookers: Cheers for all the input for making this a much better reading experience.....here's to hoping my new PB will last longer than my last one...

hidari

Last edited by hidari; 02-17-2012 at 08:25 AM.
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:21 AM   #2
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Thanks for the mini-review.

Did you manage to make use of the browser?
When I had chance to play with PB360Plus I didn't manage to make browser work properly. Couldn't enter URL. But ... I didn't have enough time to experiment.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2012, 08:32 AM   #3
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

First, Sorry for all the typos.....I tend to type fast and did not review before I posted that last one....plus the half a bottle of white wine does not help.
@ Kacir.... Have yet to try the wireless due to the fact that my wireless network in Japan has an extra layer of security beyond my own password and it takes a while to get that sorted out on the phone and I just couldn't be bothered. Will try it out at a Cafe or restaurant that offer free Wifi..which is not so easy to find in Japan...

However, Frankly, from what I have read... reviews on Goodreader, Justy, and ebookreader.com.... wifi would be the last reason I would buy a 360. I am just not a big fan of it on e-ink readers. I think usb 2/ usb 3 or a mini sd card is good enough. Joined bookland to get rid of that annoying registration prompt.

And..what Can I say love the Dark blue.>Will post some pix tomorrow next to my Opus and Sony 350....

Coolreader is amazing...but I find Fb180 to have most of what I want so Using both depending on the book.

Last edited by hidari; 02-17-2012 at 08:35 AM.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:10 AM   #4
hidari
MR Drone

Here are some photos of my readers..... Use Switzerland narrow for the Opus and 360....... the 350....forgot what I used...but the format is LRF..... the former two are epubs....

he book.[/QUOTE]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1090861.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	441.1 KB
ID:	82693   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1090862.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	470.9 KB
ID:	82694   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1090863.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	463.3 KB
ID:	82695   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1090864.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	480.5 KB
ID:	82696   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1090865.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	459.6 KB
ID:	82697  
Old 02-18-2012, 03:14 AM   #5
hidari
MR Drone

and a few more......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1090866.JPG
Views:	156
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	82698   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1090867.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	393.5 KB
ID:	82699   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1090868.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	412.6 KB
ID:	82700   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1090874.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	477.8 KB
ID:	82701   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1090875.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	437.4 KB
ID:	82702  
Advert
Old 02-18-2012, 03:30 AM   #6
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Nice pictures!

(OT: I like the skin of the Sony. And concluding from the Opus: another lefthander?)
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 03:38 AM   #7
hidari
MR Drone

Sony Skin is Milky Way from DecalGAL....the orignal Silver I didn't like when reading.... Usually read the Sony in Landscape and the Opus and 360 in Portrait...... OUI...... I am a lefty..... hence my handle.... hidari which means "left" in Japanese.
Old 02-18-2012, 05:11 AM   #8
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post

When I had chance to play with PB360Plus I didn't manage to make browser work properly. Couldn't enter URL. But ... I didn't have enough time to experiment.
From Justy's review, though, it looks like she was able to surf the net:
http://justyrambling.blogspot.com/20...-360-plus.html
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:29 AM   #9
hidari
MR Drone

Actually, have yet to try it...perhaps it is good, just for reading an article, but as one who types fairly fast..... only using buttons would drive me crazy.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:37 AM   #10
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidari View Post
Actually, have yet to try it...perhaps it is good, just for reading an article, but as one who types fairly fast..... only using buttons would drive me crazy.
now I cannot remember where the topic is, but I am pretty sure there were suggesions to store the links in a file, then open that file and click on the stored links to navigate (with the "links" browser, which is what the one in Justy's pictures look like - the browser I have with the 2.1.2 "fast driver" frimware has the option of creating bookmarks, but mine is a touch model, so perhaps the browser is a different version)
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 04:06 PM   #11
geez
geez began at the beginning.

Device: prs-700, PB360(broken), PB360+, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Thanks for the mini-review.

Enter the URL directly into the adress bar won't work but googling then selecting the 'link' of the url works everytimes.
Can't download any documents (doc, txt, epub, pdf, etc ) from the web to the PB.
I wouldn't used the PB360+ for surfing the net unless it is was my last resort.
geez is offline   Reply With Quote