Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 07-19-2011, 12:09 AM   #1
RockdaMan
Banned
RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel, Kindle G1 (broken), iPod Touch
Life without adapters: how more ports let the Toshiba Thrive tablet compete

Quote:
There are so many other Android tablets on the market, so why choose this one? Especially when it's heavy?
Quote:
The Thrive comes closer to feeling like a laptop than anything else we've seen in a pure tablet.
Quote:
I find it amazing I can get Netflix on my 3DS but not on the Thrive. Google, Netflix, can we come together and fix this?

Quote:
My USB keyboards and mice worked flawlessly. You can move files to and from the device using a standard SD card. Heck, if you don't want to use up the system's internal storage with your video or music files, simply keep them on an SD card and launch them from there. The ability to dig directly into your files through the included file manager (which also allows you to browse the contents of memory sticks or cards connected to the device) is wonderful for productivity.

I'm usually an iPad user, but a new world of usability and productivity is opened up by giving users direct access to the file system and including a wide array of common, full-sized ports. Sure, this adds some bulk, but at least you get something powerful in return.
http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/revie...iba-thrive.ars
RockdaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:43 AM   #2
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
^ lol. Didn't I pretty much say the same thing already? Clearly they need to start paying me the big bucks... lolz
lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2011, 05:24 AM   #3
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by lestatar View Post
^ lol. Didn't I pretty much say the same thing already? Clearly they need to start paying me the big bucks... lolz
Yes, yes they do.

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 05:41 AM   #4
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
Kennyc, my man! No wonder everyone on MR luvs ya!
lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote