Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-01-2010, 12:24 PM   #1
borisb
Edge User

Thumbs up Idea: Electronic forms, filled in by hand

(retracted)

Last edited by borisb; 08-15-2010 at 06:28 PM.

Old 05-01-2010, 12:57 PM   #2
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Great Idea

But what about the annoying, and unneeded markup at the top of the exported PDF - the edge serial number and date? Do you know how to get rid of it?

Advert
Old 05-01-2010, 01:19 PM   #3
aidren
Edge User

Those are really good ideas, Boris.

Old 05-01-2010, 03:12 PM   #4
Gunnerp245
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyennedonna View Post
But what about the annoying, and unneeded markup at the top of the exported PDF - the edge serial number and date? Do you know how to get rid of it?
I agree these 'additional items' are not helpful to me.

For those that wish to have that information showing allow it to be selected.

@borisb
- I do however like your original idea. One of the reasons I got the eDGe was to do just that. I have a ~50 page checklist I use for work which lists items requiring yes/no/na responses.

Last edited by Gunnerp245; 05-01-2010 at 03:15 PM.

Old 05-01-2010, 06:19 PM   #5
sarah11918
Edge User

We've been doing this for years with our various tablets, and it's one reason I bought the edge. But yesterday I needed to sign and return tax forms to our accountant, and this is a situation where the watermark simply isn't appropriate. (I bumped the pdf exporting thread with the same comment.) We've used the little N810 internet tablet to fill out/sign forms related to purchasing and selling houses and other legal documents, and you really can't do that with the watermark. I had to resort to the N810 yesterday, though I was excited to try the edge for this purpose yesterday for the first time. (That's when we noticed the watermark.) For my own documents, no big deal. For the forms we're always filling out, though, it is.

Advert
Old 05-03-2010, 12:20 PM   #6
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Tech support replies "DRM annotations require the serial number watermark while exporting them. The removal of this for non-DRMed PDFs will be in a future software maintenance release."

Old 05-06-2010, 10:11 AM   #7
keng2000
Edge User

I suggest EDGE's Engineer could contact ADOBE for their product Adobe Livecycle.

Old 05-07-2010, 09:02 AM   #8
Franky
Edge User

that, Electronic forms, filled in by hand, is indeed also one of my reasons to get an eDGe myself. the post is doing nothing else these day's when they deliver a box of chocolate. it's a great feature what makes a **** of a difference and what is a huge added value. try that on an Ipad

Old 06-03-2010, 07:39 AM   #9
drsteve
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
The unneeded markup doesn't bother me. In fact it's a bit useful - identifying the source and date... A bit like a rubber "Dtae Received" stamp clerks used to put on paper documents.

As for removing it, I would hope enTourage will make its inclusion an option we can control.
Does devseev's comment in this thread : http://www.entourageedge.com/forums/...u-think/page10 mean that the markup issue has been resolved or is it just that he was using a non-DRM PDF?

P.S. My Edge has arrived in UK and will be with me as soon as I've paid the Duty and ParcelForce have taken their pound of flesh. Can't wait........

Old 06-03-2010, 06:37 PM   #10
Chas
Edge User

I've been able to markup PDFs created by Word 2007 without any issues. No watermarks or other unwanted data was added. My only issue that's stopping me from really using it is the saved PDF is resized to the eink's display size.

Old 06-03-2010, 06:45 PM   #11
dontpanic
Edge User

We made some changes to the behavior based on requests from this forum. This is how it works now:
Non-DRM'd documents = no watermark
DRM'd documents with NO printing restrictions = no watermark
DRM'd documents with ANY printing restrictions = watermark

Hope this helps!

DP

Old 06-04-2010, 12:29 AM   #12
sarah11918
Edge User

This is awesome news. Thanks.

Old 06-04-2010, 07:55 AM   #13
Gunnerp245
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontpanic View Post
We made some changes to the behavior based on requests from this forum. This is how it works now: DRM'd documents with ANY printing restrictions = watermark DP
Why is it necessary for entourage to do this to drm documents?

Old 06-04-2010, 01:19 PM   #14
aidren
Edge User

Quote:
No watermarks or other unwanted data was added. My only issue that's stopping me from really using it is the saved PDF is resized to the eink's display size.
This has messed me up a couple of times as well. I think it's happening because the reader adds margin space for annotating? If that is the case, it should be easily solved by having a 'no margin' option under 'settings>margins'. I think that should be easy to implement.

Last edited by aidren; 06-04-2010 at 01:22 PM.