Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you use your Kindle to listen to music?
Yeah! All the time. 31 31.31%
Only when my actual music player dies 19 19.19%
No. It's too undeveloped 49 49.49%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-20-2012, 09:29 AM   #16
Jyohomson
Reader
Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Kindle 3 3G (Broken), Kindle Touch (Broken), Kindle PW2
can anyone post the compiled script for the Launchpad for the newbies here?
Jyohomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:53 AM   #17
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyohomson View Post
can anyone post the compiled script for the Launchpad for the newbies here?
hmm... not sure this is even still current. I will have a look

EDIT: Sorry have to be tomorrow now before I can test it actually works but Ill make the file ini file now

Last edited by twobob; 11-20-2012 at 10:05 AM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2012, 10:15 AM   #18
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

erm no.

This is superceded by the mplayer gui. I would use that (The "default" keybindings in the ini's also conflict, plus the new one is feature rich and can be backgrounded etc. etc. ... hence me saying "No" use the new one)

use this instead https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=192224

First you should install Mplayer Launcher Extension in thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=170213

HTH.

However since I can't test the "randomiser" until tomorrow and I am not certain that this is broken... here is the file you wanted... (attached)

You don's say what OS so I attached the file zipped ready for both types of machines. Enjoy
Attached Files
File Type: gz random-mplayer.ini.tar.gz (397 Bytes, 292 views)
File Type: zip random-mplayer.ini.zip (401 Bytes, 306 views)

Last edited by twobob; 11-20-2012 at 10:16 AM. Reason: hence me saying "No" use the new one
Old 11-22-2012, 03:31 AM   #19
Jyohomson
Reader
Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
erm no.

This is superceded by the mplayer gui. I would use that (The "default" keybindings in the ini's also conflict, plus the new one is feature rich and can be backgrounded etc. etc. ... hence me saying "No" use the new one)

use this instead https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=192224

First you should install Mplayer Launcher Extension in thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=170213

HTH.

However since I can't test the "randomiser" until tomorrow and I am not certain that this is broken... here is the file you wanted... (attached)

You don's say what OS so I attached the file zipped ready for both types of machines. Enjoy
This is another music player, right? Good. Thanks. And I have a K5.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:10 PM   #20
twobob

I forgot about this - Ill test it in a bit

EDIT: Okay- I tested it. Use the other thing. This is extremely limited in actual application, buggy and WAY outdated.

Cheers.

Last edited by twobob; 11-22-2012 at 03:28 PM.
Advert
Old 12-06-2012, 02:44 AM   #21
Jyohomson
Reader

Mplayer GUI is sooo buggy.

Cant someone revive this? I like the default music player a lot better. Only need a shuffle script.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:27 AM   #22
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyohomson View Post
Cant someone revive this? I like the default music player a lot better. Only need a shuffle script.
Hmm. To be honest all this did was renumber the tracks (and not very safely, well, reliably, fast).

Heck it even failed it's own tests and didn't remove the horrid numbering nor did it find the tracks on many occasions.

So. No. However if someone comes up with a more elegant solution for the native player I will happily assist in implementing that.

This is the worst kind of kludgey hack as it stands
Old 08-15-2017, 12:34 AM   #23
doctoralvarez
Connoisseur
doctoralvarez began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
Mplayer or similar for mp3 playing on PW3 on 5.8.10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Hmm. To be honest all this did was renumber the tracks (and not very safely, well, reliably, fast).

Heck it even failed it's own tests and didn't remove the horrid numbering nor did it find the tracks on many occasions.

So. No. However if someone comes up with a more elegant solution for the native player I will happily assist in implementing that.

This is the worst kind of kludgey hack as it stands
Hello something working for play .mp3 on PW3 on 5.8.10 firmware??
thanks in advance
doctoralvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 02:55 AM   #24
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctoralvarez View Post
Hello something working for play .mp3 on PW3 on 5.8.10 firmware??
thanks in advance
After seven years?
If they haven't posted it by now, there probably isn't anything to post about.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hack, kindle, music, shuffle