Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-20-2010, 12:17 PM   #31
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
Well, I guess people go to the MOMA to see the art, not to read Did you enjoy it? The MOMA I mean.
Parts of it, yes. There are a lot of types of modern art that do nothing for me... and less for my wife. I mean, I can understand what the artist may have had in mind... but the final product does not move me at all. Give me a well-designed car over a Warhol or a late Picasso any day.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 12:31 PM   #32
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
Parts of it, yes. There are a lot of types of modern art that do nothing for me... and less for my wife. I mean, I can understand what the artist may have had in mind... but the final product does not move me at all. Give me a well-designed car over a Warhol or a late Picasso any day.
I ended up at MOCA (both branches) at the end of last week. Some of the stuff I loved, some I hated -- but still respected as there was something there. And the rest was a giant question mark -- I have a serious problem, it appears, with "rubbish art" (that is art made from apparently random junk objects with no apparent rhyme or reason). The more modern it gets the harder it is to understand; it almost seems as if no-one has heard of the emperor's new clothes, and is using that principle to come up with art.

Still, it was well worth the visit.
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 12:42 PM   #33
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
The more modern it gets the harder it is to understand; it almost seems as if no-one has heard of the emperor's new clothes, and is using that principle to come up with art.
I get that feeling a lot! And speaking of the Emporer's New Clothes: There is a current exhibit that features performance art by live nudes in the top levels. My wife walked right by the Notices that warned that there were nude models in the hall, and got quite a surprise when she got there!

We spent quite a bit of time on the trip home, debating what the art meant, and what the artist intended (which, some will argue, is the whole point to art after all). We came to two different conclusions, which were clearly (if you knew us) based on our own personal perceptions and opinions. I still think she was wrong!
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 12:56 PM   #34
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
And she's not a member here, so we all think you must be right!

Glad you enjoyed your weekend; I'll keep an eye out for that DVD.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
expensive, metropolis, movie