Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-20-2009, 10:05 PM   #1
Six
Six began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Do I have a kindle 1 or 2?

I got a kindle as a gift its in a brown box. I would like to know which kindle it since it doesn't say on the box. Can I tell from the box or the serial number?

Thanks
Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:07 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
If the serial number starts with:

B001 = Kindle 1
B002 = Kindle 2 U.S.
B003 = Kindle 2 International

Last edited by daffy4u; 12-20-2009 at 10:10 PM.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:11 PM   #3
Six
Six began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
If the serial number starts with:

B001 = Kindle 1
B002 = Kindle 2 U.S.
B003 = Kindle 2 International
B003

Thanks!!
Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 11:44 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Six View Post
I got a kindle as a gift its in a brown box. I would like to know which kindle it since it doesn't say on the box. Can I tell from the box or the serial number?

Thanks
Another easy way......if its in a 'brown box' its a k2

If its in a fancy, book like container, with characters all over it and it opens like a book to reveal the kindle, its a k1.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kindlebox.jpg
Views:	424
Size:	163.5 KB
ID:	41650   Click image for larger version

Name:	KindleBox2.JPG
Views:	655
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	41651  

Last edited by desertgrandma; 12-20-2009 at 11:46 PM.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 12:13 AM   #5
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
wait a minute!!! are you peeking at your presies?
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:02 AM   #6
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Another easy way......if its in a 'brown box' its a k2

If its in a fancy, book like container, with characters all over it and it opens like a book to reveal the kindle, its a k1.
I wrote that originally then I changed it because my white box came inside a brown box. It was just easier to go with the serial numbers. BTW, I still have my white box cause it's pretty.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 10:12 AM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I wrote that originally then I changed it because my white box came inside a brown box. It was just easier to go with the serial numbers. BTW, I still have my white box cause it's pretty.
So do I!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 05:15 PM   #8
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Someone is cheating and looking at their gifts
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 05:43 PM   #9
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Device: none
IMO this thread should be locked or deleted, and the OP banned.
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:33 PM   #10
Connallmac
Transplanted NYer
Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9", Kindle Fire HD 7", Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by pboss View Post
IMO this thread should be locked or deleted, and the OP banned.
Would you settle for being sent to bed without supper?
Connallmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 11:14 PM   #11
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
wait a minute!!! are you peeking at your presies?
Yeah buddy it's not christmas yet hehe.
The boxes on K1s were very cool, that's for sure. I should have kept mine gah.
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 08:16 PM   #12
spanish_jackie
spanish_jackie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hello, Everyone!

New here, and glad to be here.

I was wondering: has the Kindle 3 been released yet, and if not, has anyone heard any rumors about when it might be?

Thanks so much!
spanish_jackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 12:25 AM   #13
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
No news or rumors of a K3 yet.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 06:50 AM   #14
myral
Enthusiast
myral began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, PocketBook 360, Kindle 2, CyBook gen 3
Hello. I just received a Kindle International for X-mas, and would like to order a cover for it. Does anybody know if Kindle 2 US is the same as the international version externally? Will a Kindle 2 cover fit it?
Thanks.
myral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 06:52 AM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It is a Kindle 2, so the answer is "yes".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote