Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 07-25-2011, 01:49 AM   #1
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator
eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: Cybook Bebook iLiad Kindle HanlinV2 Readius SonyPRS500 SonyPRS700 etc
Broken or unused readers for the Museum

Hi all,

the Ebook Museum still looking for old eReaders to extend the collection.

Most wanted readers:
Sony Librié
Sony PRS-900
B&N Nook
(dual display)
Amazon Kindle 2
Amazon Kindle DX
(1st version)

If you own a reader broken or unuses, even not included in that list, please contact me anyway. Also empty boxes, accessories and other goods related to the e-ink and ebook world are interesting for the Museum

The EBook Museum is a non-profit organization, and has little or no founds. So, please make your request by consider this

Thanks

Luke
eBookLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 01:47 PM   #2
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator
eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.

Here you can find all the readers present in the Museum. We are looking for all models not present in the collection.

Thanks

Luke
Old 07-31-2011, 01:56 AM   #3
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator

Museum

Don't forget the Museum

Luke
Old 07-31-2011, 04:47 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Is this an actual, physical, museum, or just a web site?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 05:14 AM   #5
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Is this an actual, physical, museum, or just a web site?
Our Museum is a Physical Museum. In the website are listed some of the avilable items, but we have almost 70+ eReaders.

The Museum has not (yet) a physical site, but is shown everywhere is requested. Our goal is to have a small exhibition in Genoa, inside the "Museo della Stampa", and the other part of the collection will wander all around Italy (and World)

In past, was presented in Turin Book Fair, and then in the exhibition "The book from stone to eBook" near L'Aquila, Italy. Some small exhibition were done in the EBook Club Italia's meetings.

Next step are in Genoa, Perugia and Vicenza.

If you like to see the Museum in your town, you can by find a sponsor for the location and the transportation.

Luke

P.S: Harry, the only reader you have that interests to the Museum is the K2… Would you trade with another reader?

Luke

Last edited by eBookLuke; 07-31-2011 at 05:20 AM.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:46 PM   #6
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Did I miss the pics on the old Rocketbooks (ETI-1 or ETI-2)?
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:26 AM   #7
BuddyBoy
eBookin' Fool
BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, KK, iPad (Ex Prs 505, 500, Reb1100-2150, Rocket)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Did I miss the pics on the old Rocketbooks (ETI-1 or ETI-2)?
No ETI-1 (current iteration of the RCA1200 and Gemstar2150), or ETI-2 (current iteration of the RCA1100, Gemstar1150 and eBookwise1150). Nor the Rocket, introduced in 1999 or 2000 I believe. I bought mine in 2000 - it was similar to the ETI-2 but not identical. It had a very nice charging dock and a higher quality screen. I ended up with two of them, both retired by 2003 with cracked screens, and Gemstar replaced them with 1150s for $50 each.
BuddyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:26 AM   #8
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator

New site

Hi all,

The Museum has a new site, still in construction but working.
The address is museo.ebci.it, and will be translated, at least, in English.

There are many new items in the Museum, and other will come in the next days.

One of the most interesting is the original box of the Sony Librié, like new!
Now we are looking for the Sony Librié reader… Anyone has one to sell or to trade, working or not?

Your contribute is important for the Museum… Even if you have nothing to donate, you can contribute by notice ereaders not present in the database, errors in the data or other infos related to ereaders world…

Soon will be available a module for data submission, anyway you can contact us using the email ebookclubitalia[at]gmail.com

Thanks!

Luke
Old 03-13-2012, 10:02 AM   #9
wfepley
wfepley began at the beginning.

Device: none
From Walt Epley, Denver, Colorado USA: I have a "broken" Astak EZReader Pocket Pro that doesn't work because of non-functioning buttons. And it does work, if you only use some of the buttons. Screen is fine. Has a leather cover too, although a bit discolored from use. I didn't see it on your list as having it. I have also the original box with some of the original materials inside. I don't know how much shipping would cost yet. Might it be acceptible for your collection? THanks.
wfepley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:29 PM   #10
Keloff
Electronic media explorer
Keloff can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Keloff can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Keloff can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Keloff can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Keloff can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Keloff can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Keloff can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Keloff can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Keloff can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Keloff can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Keloff can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle (6" Display, Global Wireless, Latest Generation), iPad 2
I'd love visiting your museum! Best of luck with the collection. Have you tried the #eprdctn folks on Twitter? They're all involved in ebook creation and many of them have been studying ereaders for a long time.
Keloff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:57 AM   #11
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfepley View Post
From Walt Epley, Denver, Colorado USA: I have a "broken" Astak EZReader Pocket Pro that doesn't work because of non-functioning buttons. And it does work, if you only use some of the buttons. Screen is fine. Has a leather cover too, although a bit discolored from use. I didn't see it on your list as having it. I have also the original box with some of the original materials inside. I don't know how much shipping would cost yet. Might it be acceptible for your collection? THanks.
Thanks! You have a PM

Luke
Old 03-25-2012, 03:28 AM   #12
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator

Hi all,

thanks to all contributors that donate readers, boxes and accessories!

Now the Museum needs a little help: do you own an ebook reader that is not present in the Collection nor in the Database? Please let us know!

Please remember that we are still looking for obsolete readers…
Old 03-25-2012, 01:49 PM   #13
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
I looked at your database and searched and did not find the Franklin Ebookman. There were two models I think.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franklin_eBookMan
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 02:09 PM   #14
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by exscentric View Post
I looked at your database and searched and did not find the Franklin Ebookman. There were two models I think.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franklin_eBookMan
Great! The eBookMan models are three… Uhmm, I remember that shape… Maybe I have an eBookMan in the Museum, and I forgot it?

Thanks!

Luke
Old 05-06-2012, 11:30 AM   #15
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator

Still searching for…

Hi,

the Museum is still looking for these items:

Sony Librié EBR-1000ep (working or broken, no box)
– Entourage Pocket edge with box, working or not
– Sony Data Diskman, various models, with box or only box
– Pocketbook 6" and 9.7", various models, working or not, with box or only box
– Other items not present in the Museum's Collection

We are looking even many boxes from older ereader of any kind.

Thanks!

Luke

Last edited by eBookLuke; 05-06-2012 at 05:53 PM.