Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 05-06-2022, 03:07 AM   #1
darkbreath
Enthusiast
darkbreath began at the beginning.

Device: none
Problems installing a package for Sigil

Hi everyone! I'm running Mint Cinnamon 20.3. I'm trying to build Sigil, but I ran into some trouble. The guide I'm following is this one: https://github.com/Sigil-Ebook/Sigil...ng_on_Linux.md

The problem step is the command "sudo apt-get install python3-tk python3-pyqt5 python3-pyqtwebengine python3-html5lib python3-regex python3-pillow python3-cssselect python3-chardet"

The command fails because I can't install the package python3-pyqtwebengine. When I break up the packages individually, this happens:

$sudo apt-get install python3-pyqtwebengine
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package python3-pyqtwebengine

So I try this, but still fail:

$pip3 install python3-pyqtwebengine
ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement python3-pyqtwebengine (from versions: none)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for python3-pyqtwebengine

Any suggestions about how to proceed? Having access to Sigil plugins might be helpful.
darkbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 06:23 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
The package might be named python3-pyqt5.qtwebengine in some repos. Try that with apt-get install first. You shouldn't need to resort to pip, but if you do, the pypi.org package name would be PyQtWebEngine.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 05-06-2022 at 06:30 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2022, 08:39 AM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Seems the naming scheme of python3-pyqt5.xxxx has become pretty standard on debian/ubuntu-based flavors of Linux for the extra PyQt5 modules like webengine, webchannel and the like. Not sure when that happened, but I'll update the documentation to account for it. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
Old 05-08-2022, 02:06 AM   #4
darkbreath
Enthusiast
darkbreath began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks DiapDealer! python3-qt5.qtwebengine worked perfectly. By the way, did you change package name libpcre3-dev to libpcre2-dev recently or is that my imagination?
darkbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 06:28 AM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Yes I did. We updated Sigil to use the newer pcre2. The libpcre3 package is actually the older pcre for some weird reason. It's really only a factor if you build Sigil with the -DSYSTEM_LIBS_REQUIRED=1 cmake define. Otherwise the correct pcre2 that's bundled with Sigil's source will be used (if a system version of pcre2 can't be located).

If Sigil built for you with no fatal failures, rest assured that the correct version of pcre was used.
Advert