Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 04-12-2022, 09:12 AM   #1
lucille
lucille began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook touch lux
Viewer Header problem

Hi,

when I edit a book, for example sylesheet or text, and save the changes, the Preferences for the Footer are preserved but the Preferences for the Header are lost and I have to configure them again. Can it be fixed? Thanks
lucille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 09:47 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Preferences are not associated with books. So I dont see how editing a book could change the viewer's preferences. Can you come up with a set of steps to reproduce your issue?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2022, 02:31 PM   #3
lucille

I opened a book to read, and decided to set through Preferences Header to Middle=Position in Book and Footer to Right=Progress, then hit OK and continued reading. Both Header and Footer showed corresponding values. Then I saw some changes were needed to the way a paragraph was displayed, so I closed the book and used Edit to change the stylesheet. Saved changes and opened the book again - the Header didn't show the Position in Book while Footer was Ok. I decided this was accidental so I changed Header to Position in Book again and it displayed value OK. At next editing of the stylesheet in just the same way the value for Header was missing again. I opened another book and there the Header was OK, showing Position in Book.
So repeated several times the same process with the same result - every time after editing the Header needed to be set again. Hope this explanation helps.
Old 04-12-2022, 10:12 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I cannot replicate this. Steps I tried:

1) Click view button to view a book
2) In the viewer preferences add a header
3) close the viewer
4) click the edit button
5) make some changes to the stylesheet
6) close the editor
7) click the view button
8) The header is present, as before
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 03:09 AM   #5
lucille

Sorry,
this really happened and several times but with this book only. I tried other books after and it was ok. After I closed the book and tried to edit the next day it was ok too. Maybe there was something after installing the new version, because there was a problem with the opening of books - for some time there was a message that a book is opening for the first time several times for the same book. I even went to look in the forum how this can be fixed but it somehow changed by itself after several times opening and closing the same book. So now everything is ok, fixed by itself somehow.
Thanks and sorry to engage your time in vain.
Have a nice day!
Advert