Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-17-2022, 04:51 PM   #1
T6J2E5
T6J2E5 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
I'm not a storm trooper, I swear!

Even though my username totally sounds like one.

I've been watching these forums for a while as a guest, and finally decided to make myself a shiny new account today. So, hello, everyone!

I had a Barnes & Noble Nook Touch e-book reader for thirteen years before it finally gave up the ghost. I loved reading on that thing, but I didn't particularly appreciate being locked into the B&N ecosystem with all the books I bought. To replace it, I purchased a Kobo Clara HD last year, and this thing is far better than the Nook Touch was. Granted, it is thirteen years newer, so I'd expect it to be a pretty significant upgrade. I'm still impressed with it.

After de-DRMing my B&N books so I could read them on my new device, Calibre became the no-brainer for library management. Connects right up to my Kobo and doesn't complain. There are a few kinks to work out, but nothing serious, and I'm sure I'll iron them out eventually.
T6J2E5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 11:10 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Hello and welcome to MobileRead!
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert