Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 09-12-2021, 05:15 PM   #391
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yup, ZSync was deprecated.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 04:08 PM   #392
Albertde
Albertde knows what time it isAlbertde knows what time it isAlbertde knows what time it isAlbertde knows what time it isAlbertde knows what time it isAlbertde knows what time it isAlbertde knows what time it isAlbertde knows what time it isAlbertde knows what time it isAlbertde knows what time it isAlbertde knows what time it is

Device: Repurposed Fire 7 &10 epub/pdf reader-Kobo Nia: KOReader & Plato
I am running KOreader on two Fire 7s - reading non-DRM ePubs, PDFs and djvus, syncing between them ("pushing") via the server and have installed the GNU English and Littré French dictionaries. What I especially like is the ability to re-flow PDFs and djvus (at least those in English) so I can read them in portrait mode.
Albertde is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2022, 01:15 PM   #393
amin021023
Enthusiast
amin021023 began at the beginning.

Device: Fidibook
Hey guys, Does anyone know the best koreader build for the most basic Android e-ink device? It runs on Android 4.4.2, 512mb ram, 6 inch screen.
I've been updating the software forever but I feel like the new updates are getting built for advanced devices by the day..
amin021023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 10:33 AM   #394
Albertde
Albertde knows what time it isAlbertde knows what time it isAlbertde knows what time it isAlbertde knows what time it isAlbertde knows what time it isAlbertde knows what time it isAlbertde knows what time it isAlbertde knows what time it isAlbertde knows what time it isAlbertde knows what time it isAlbertde knows what time it is

Download KOReader from F-Droid, which has links to all the versions that are available. You can pick the version you want to download. I suggest you start with the latest version and then try earlier versions until you find one that works for you.
Old 03-04-2022, 10:56 AM   #395
Albertde

I forgot to say that F-Droid is an alternative to the Google Play Store so you have to go to the F-Droid website (https://f-droid.org) and download the F-Droid app to be able to access Android apps linked to F-Droid. AFAIK they are all open source.
Advert
Old 03-04-2022, 03:23 PM   #396
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Duplicate with https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=343154 btw. I'm not sure what caused that impression, but we don't subscribe to it.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 01:49 AM   #397
nick84
Enthusiast
nick84 began at the beginning.

Device: KA2, KH2O2, KAOne, Nook4, KMini, PW5, K11, KV
So I managed to install Koreader on my new Nook Glowlight 4. I also managed to bring the physical page turn buttons to work. All that without having to root the device. I love it. It's absolutely brilliant. The only downside - battery life. I only red half book (ca 100 pages) until the battery went down. I was hoping the battery indicator doesn't work properly. It does I'm afraid. I have removed all unnecessary apps and Koreader is the only one left. Any ideas how to fix it?

Last edited by nick84; 03-08-2022 at 08:53 AM.
nick84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 06:35 AM   #398
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Have you tried turning off wifi? Even so, that sounds surprisingly bad.
Old 03-07-2022, 07:31 PM   #399
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Fun fact: Nooks run on sunxi SoCs, IIRC. Take of that what you will... .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 08:55 AM   #400
nick84
Enthusiast
nick84 began at the beginning.

Device: KA2, KH2O2, KAOne, Nook4, KMini, PW5, K11, KV
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Fun fact: Nooks run on sunxi SoCs, IIRC. Take of that what you will... .
Sorry, unsure what that means.
nick84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 09:57 AM   #401
Frenzie
Wizard

tl;dr It's horribly power inefficient.
Old 05-14-2022, 10:16 PM   #402
just_jeepin
Addict
just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.just_jeepin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Is there any plugins to add TTS (text to speech) to KO Reader?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
just_jeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 04:07 PM   #403
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by just_jeepin View Post
Hi. Nope. Is not possible to write a plugin that adds TTS for android without changing the core of the app.

Some background in accesibility features that might be feasible or not is in https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/5958
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 11:19 AM   #404
Hath
Juno's Member
Hath began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by just_jeepin View Post

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Try @Voice Aloud Reader on Android, it's pretty great and reliable.

I also have the IVONA text to speech apk files that were recommended to me, if you're interested.

Last edited by Hath; 09-30-2022 at 11:19 AM. Reason: grammar
Hath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 03:26 AM   #405
Joeyy
Joeyy began at the beginning.

Device: android
Manual rotation doesn't work On Android 4.4.2?

Hello, everyone, I have a Kindle oasis 1, Which has been hacked and installed Android 4.4.2. The Android version koreader on it seems Not to work well. Here is the two points I have found so far:

1. Suspend function ( From gesture of koreader ) doesn't work.
Before my kindle was hacked, The suspended function ( From gesture of koreader ) runs well on the stock Kindle OS.

2. The manual rotation function doesn't work.
I don't like the automatic rotation function on Android. So I turn it off. But I like the manual rotation from the bottom menu Of koreader reading screen. The two horizontal rotation works well, but the opposite vertical rotation doesn't work.

And the koreader version is 2022.10.

Can you help me? Thank you very much.

Last edited by Joeyy; 11-27-2022 at 03:29 AM.
Joeyy is offline   Reply With Quote