Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-02-2011, 11:41 PM   #1
kalex
Zealot
kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: sony
Kindle touch crashing randomly

So I had my KT for little over a week and its been great. About 2 days ago i started noticing KT becoming sluggish and randomly rebooting. I only have 3 books on it and one book that I'm reading. What I'm noticing is that it takes a while for KT to wake up from sleep. When it does, page turns are slugish and after about 5 minutes KT reboots. Sometimes it goes back to original location that was on it when it went to sleep whcih means i have to forward to my page after restart. Sometimes after restart it goes to current page. Its rather annoying and i'm trying to figure out what the issue is

Any thoughts?
kalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:45 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
I would do a factory reset. If that doesn't help, immediately exchange it.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2011, 11:46 PM   #3
kalex
Zealot
kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Just did a factory reset. Seems to have fixed it. Lets see if it lasts

Last edited by kalex; 12-03-2011 at 12:09 AM.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:54 PM   #4
Terry Brown
Enthusiast
Terry Brown began at the beginning.

Device: M1 Max Mac Studio, iPad Pro 2018 12.9, iPhone 7
Same problem

I have had exactly the same problem. Sluggish response after a couple of weeks of heavy use. A hard reset (hold power button for 20+ seconds) seems to have solved the problem, at least temporarily. We'll see if it lasts.

Have others seen this? What does Amazon support say?
Terry Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:33 PM   #5
kalex
Zealot

Ah good tip. I ended up doing factory reset. Hard reset should be easier
Advert
Old 12-09-2011, 07:54 PM   #6
osnova
Kindler of the Flame
osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K DX,3,KT,KP,KF, KFHD; Nook C, PRS600, iPad, Xoom, N900, N810, Zaurus
My Touch just started freezing and restarting. The interface is super sluggish. Hard reset doesn't help. I'll try the factory reset.
osnova is offline   Reply With Quote