Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-26-2018, 02:32 AM   #1
seryosongoso
seryosongoso began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O Edition 2
Kobo font line spacing not working

I imported a book in epub format from this website.

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/sear...+social+cancer

I'm adjusting the font line spacing and it doesn't seem to have any effect. I'm not using any custom fonts just the built in ones.

This seems to be only happening on specific imported files and not all.
seryosongoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 08:16 AM   #2
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
I have encountered this. If the line height is specified in the book's formatting, the Kobo software will not over-ride it, and you will not be able to change the line spacing for that book on the reader.

Typically such formatting is defined in a cascading style sheet. If the css includes instructions such as:

<p style="line-height:1.4">

then the Kobo will not change spacing. With (free) software like Sigil it is possible to edit the css of the book. I have frequently removed the line-height commands and then the Kobo will adjust spacing as usual. And since it's a Gutenberg book, if you mess it up you can just download a clean copy and try again.
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 11:29 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Or you can import file into Calibre and transfer to Kobo eReader using it. It also allows editing and seems simpler than Sigil as well as doing much more. I tried Sigil for making eBooks and found Calibre better.
I do only save Mobi / Kindle from Gutenberg as some titles as "epub" had margin issues. I use Calibre to convert the mobi file to ePub for Kobo H20 original, Nook Touch, Binatone Readme (other family member), Sony PRS350 for outside. I only use the Kobo H2O in the house.
All the other family members have Kindles anyway.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 12:35 PM   #4
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
Well, Kobo is very respectful of css in Epub, in line-height for example.
You can change css (and if the book is from project gutemberg You can do it without problems, eliminate line-height property for paragraph) or You can apply patch to change that behavior so You can change line-height as You wish in each book.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=260100

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...34&postcount=9
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
font, kobo, line spacing