Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-03-2010, 01:04 PM   #1
Bob-El
Silent but deadly...
Bob-El began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, FBReader
Balloon pop-up text colour

I have a question for you Calibre gurus. I've just started using the Ubuntu version of Calibre on my netbook. I'm frustrated by the balloon pop-ups that appear when I move my mouse over an icon. They have a light-blue background and white text. At best I find them hard to read. Sometimes I can't make out the words at all especially when there is low ambient light. Does anyone know if there's a way to change the colour of the font, say, to black.
Bob-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 01:06 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
upgrade to calibre 0.7.16
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 01:29 PM   #3
Bob-El
Silent but deadly...

Do you know if 0.7.16 will run properly on Ubuntu 10.04? The currently available version is 0.6.42 and, of course, that's what I'm running. I just want to be a little confident about installing the newer version over the older one before I do it.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:34 PM   #4
capidamonte
Not who you think I am...
capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: PocketBook 360 -- Ivory
If you're using a package, uninstall it.

Then use the binary install from the Calibre site. LINK Let it install to the default directory (opt). You may need to re-point it to your library. You may, or may not, lose your preferences this one time (depending on the uninstall effects.) Not too difficult to fix.

It works perfectly fine on my 10.04 lappy. When Calibre is updated, just do the binary install again, you won't lose preferences or any other configuration. Never had an issue in the last year with doing this.
capidamonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 04:57 PM   #5
Bob-El
Silent but deadly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by capidamonte View Post
If you're using a package, uninstall it.

Then use the binary install from the Calibre site. LINK Let it install to the default directory (opt). You may need to re-point it to your library. You may, or may not, lose your preferences this one time (depending on the uninstall effects.) Not too difficult to fix.

It works perfectly fine on my 10.04 lappy. When Calibre is updated, just do the binary install again, you won't lose preferences or any other configuration. Never had an issue in the last year with doing this.
Thanks a bunch. I followed your instructions and it installed and runs perfectly.

Tags
balloon, color, font, icon, popup