Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 09-23-2021, 08:30 PM   #1
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Info about update #8165

Hi

As usual the latest monthly updates (September) brought up many goodies. As a plain user, I find usually the "bump creengine" fixes specially interesting. This time, among many others, there is this one which is part of #8165:

"Font: use metrics for underline offset and thickness"

There is no reference info available. I am afraid I could miss something interesting about tweaking thickness. Could you please tell us if this new fix could be of some use in this field? (and generally what is it about).
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 04:26 AM   #2
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
For info, this is the reply I received from poire-z:

Quote:
There are references in the top post, I usually make sure to link to the related crengine PRs, in this case:
koreader/crengine#453
where you'll find some screenshots. But for this one, there is nothing tweakable for you to play with, it's just that the code will pick the distance and thickness from the font instead of some hardcoded 1pixel.
So, no new tweaking, but thanks for the quick and precise answer.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote